Solved

Can't add Excel to private note in incident

• 15 March 2021
  • 6 replies

I have an incident to which I’d like to add an Excel file in private notes.  When I attach the file, the “add private note” button is suddenly greyed out.  Seems like a bug?

icon

Best answer by Keer 15 March 2021, 13:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Thomas Croonen, good day! 

We can confirm from our end that there are no ongoing issues with adding Excel files in the private note. I tested this from my end and it looks like it works fine. 

1. The Add note button is not greyed out as you can see in the screenshot. 
  1. After the attachment is added the file is displayed right. 

In your case, it could be because of the file size. The limit is 20 MB for Blossom and above accounts. For Sprout and trial accounts, the threshold is 15 MB. 

Can you try adding a smaller file to see if that works? If you need further help, please mail the details to support@freshdesk.com and we’d be glad to help you further. 

This article provides clear idea in support of the new viewers of the post,

I am also facing this type of problem while I attached the image file into a private note. My image file extension is in .png and its size not more than 3 MBs. What kind of problem is this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @kevinbacon, I hope you are doing well. If the size is less than 3 MB, it wouldn’t be the issue here. Can you mail the details to support@freshdesk.com so that our support buddies can help you further in finding the root cause?

Thank you! 

Hi @kevinbacon, I hope you are doing well. If the size is less than 3 MB, it wouldn’t be the issue here. Can you mail the details to support@freshdesk.com so that our support buddies can help you further in finding the root cause?

Thank you! 

Thank you for this it's really helpful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, Kevin. You can always write to us with the details if you are facing any issues and we’d love to help you.