Question

Can't import attachment for message created by a customer using Freshdesk Rest API v2 - “Attachments on individual customer message was not imported due to Freshdesk API limitations”.

• 24 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have Enterprise plan and use Freshdesk REST API v2. When I trying import of file to message that was created by a customer(not agent), Freshdesk API returns error with status 403: {"code":"access_denied","message":"You are not authorized to perform this action."}. How I can import attachments for such messages? 

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Seems to have figured out the problem. I can't update conversions that were created by customers. I can only update those created by agents.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there, 

Any data migration requires extra preparation so it goes seamlessly and successfully. So, before importing data, you need to:

• Check if you have admin rights.

• Request a support team to raise an API limit before migration.

If data transfer still goes wrong, you can request a custom data migration to Freshdesk. There a tech team can tailor your data transfer so you can transfer conversations created by customers, filter data by date or type, add tags to the migrated tickets, etc. 

To read more about Custom Data Migration, visit this page.

I hope it helps with future issues.

Best regards, 

Tetiana