Can you assign a ticket to multiple agents or just groups?

• 26 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Can I assign a ticket to more than one agent?

Is that done by just creating a group and assigning it to the entire group?

Need more than one person to be able to work on a ticket.

Thanks.

Matt

3 replies

Badge +7

As far as I am aware, a ticket can only be assigned to one agent, so not multiple. It is possible to assign a ticket to a group. But often there is a rule in place assigning it to the first agent that answers it. The system is built around that concept. Agents can see all tickets in their group or everything in the system (depending on how you configure their user rights), and nothing stops them answering or adding comments to tickets assigned to other agents.

Hope this helps.   

Matt,

We had this problem too.  You can assign one group OR one agent.  We are a small shop and have a lot of overlap and this just wasn't great for us.  So we're getting used to this idea.  I really hope it's changed in future releases.  For now, we're using the Watcher function. (Estate)  You can make someone a watcher on a ticket so they can see it in their filtered ticket page or get alerts on it.

Hello Matt,

Hope you are well. Regarding your query, it would not be possible to assign as a ticket to multiple groups or agents.

However, you can try checking our Shared ownership feature to share the same ticket with an internal agent when mapped to a custom status if you are on the Estate and above plans.
https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/224194-enabling-shared-ownership

Also as mentioned by Ben, when an agent is added as a watcher in a ticket, they would be getting notifications when updates are performed on that ticket.

Feel free to write back to us anytime at support@freshdesk.com for any further support. Have a good day!