Cannot scroll on iOS with Mint

• 6 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

We have now found that on an iPhone or iPad we cannot scroll on a page. This is the case when using several different browsers. We therefore assume customers with iOS devices cannot read our KB properly.

Do others have this same issue? It works fine on Android.  

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Mark,

Are you still receiving complaints from your customers on the scrolling issue? I wasn't able to recreate the scenario here on a couple of test instances.

Cheers!

Badge +7

Just to clarify, this was not a customer, but one of our agents. When he is logged in on his iOS tablet, and goes to "Solutions" then the scroll button is not there. He has tried different browsers, with the same result. He has no problems on his Mac, and we have no problems in Windows. I now don't think the problem occurs for customers.

This problem does not occur frequently as I assume most agents do not log in with an iPad. But this was also about being able to update articles when not behind a desk.  

Attached a screen-print from a tablet. On my desktop I get a scroll bar under the user button (the W in this screen print top right).

ios_37846.jpg
Badge +7

Have now looked properly at all options.

• On the "Solutions" panel in the portal when using Mint, the scroll bar is not shown on an iOS device.
  • This only occurs when logged in as agent, so not for customers.
  • It only occurs in iOS (e.g. an iPad). It does not occur on the Mac, in Windows or in Android.
  • It occurs with a number of browsers. We have not found a browser where it works, but cannot claim to have tried every single browser that exists.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks, Mark. I did go with your assumption and tried this out on the customer portal. I was able to recreate the scenario on the agent interface and I'll see what we can do to fix this. We're also planning for a new layout for the knowledge base and so I believe we've handled this better on the new layout. 

Cheers!

We still are having the same problem. No scrolling. But even worse is that the whole Freshdesk website is NOT Response foe use on an iPad.
I miss about 25% of the screen on the right part of the ipad screen.
Same problem. Cut off on the right, no scrolling possible on ipad.