Solved

CAPTCHA Fails on Widget

• 12 December 2021
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have the widget on our website with the CAPTCHA required to contact us. The CAPTCHA recently started having problems late last week and our customers were not able to contact us. We sent test emails and received the same error message.

No matter what you do, you cannot get around the CAPTCHA as it always states that it fails. So I had to remove the CAPTCHA requirement for the time being. I raised a ticket regarding this matter on Wednesday but it seems that it is still being worked on. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is a fix in progress?

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 27 December 2021, 13:29

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just tested this again today and it seems to be working again, but I do not know the initial cause of the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @jwicker, apologies for not getting back to you sooner on this. We did face a temporary glitch in CAPTCHA loading. I am glad it’s working fine for you. Kindly let us know if you are facing any further issues and we would be happy to help. Have a good day! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was informed by FreshDesk Support to leave the CAPTCHA off for now as the problem is awaiting a fix from the developer

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing the update here, @jwicker

Can you toggle on your CAPTCHA again and check if the help widget ticket creation works as expected now? Looking forward to hearing your insights. Cheers! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The acknowledged issue has been permanently fixed, @jwicker. You should no longer face any trouble with CAPTCHA in help widget. Cheers! :)  

We are still facing the same issue in our freshdesk portal.

Couple of our customers reported this from US and Pakistan. For now we have disabled the Captcha from our account.

Badge +1

Now the captcha window is too small to view anything. 

Badge +1

@mojoauth how did you managed to disable the captcha? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@mojoauth how did you managed to disable the captcha? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @mannnysavea 

You may Go to Admin > Portals > Edit > Portal settings > Manage sections > Ticket section. and then disable the checkbox for Enable CAPTCHA to help avoid Spam.

You may refer to: Setting up advanced ticket filters on your customer portal : Freshdesk

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

Thank you for your help. I did not see Captcha in the ticket section because we allowed only registered users to submit a ticket but since the new customer is not able to register at present, we will give a try. Hoping to hear back from Freshdesk support - generally they are very slow or almost unresponsive when it comes to resolve the user’s issue. 

Badge

Now the captcha window is too small to view anything. 

It is small for me, too. Not sure how to fix it. I set the height of the iframe to a very large value and the challenge is still collapsed.

Badge +1

Please understand that Freshdesk does not seem to care for their customers and they do not seem to be serious about resolving the issue. So, as I did, please remove captcha from the registration page - that is the only solution to save the image of the brand you represent. 

Badge

Please understand that Freshdesk does not seem to care for their customers and they do not seem to be serious about resolving the issue. So, as I did, please remove captcha from the registration page - that is the only solution to save the image of the brand you represent. 

We ended up submitting a support case for this and we were told the ETA for this fix is November 15th, 2023.

Badge +1

Thank you for the update. That really is a fantastic update. We are still waiting for the ETA and hopefully if it is solved, we all will be happy. 

Glad to hear this is being addressed, though I don’t understand why there is a wait to fix something so important. We use the free version of Freshdesk, and disabling the CAPTCHA is greyed out in my portal settings. Am I missing something? Right now, no one can use the portal. 

Just FYI, I contacted support and they emailed me back saying they’d made a change to our account. The issue is now resolved for us. I’m impressed since we are a free account. 

Badge +1

Oh, that’s a great news. That means that it is in their capacity and they are choosing between accounts. I am so happy for you. 

Best Wishes!

Badge +1

We are still struggling to get a solution.

It seems that the CAPTCHA issue on your website has been causing inconvenience for both customers and your team. While waiting for the support ticket to be resolved, you can consider implementing a temporary solution to ensure that customers can still contact you without the CAPTCHA barrier.

Here are some steps you can take:

1. Temporary Removal of CAPTCHA: Since the CAPTCHA is causing issues, it's a good idea to keep it disabled until the problem is resolved. This will allow customers to contact you without encountering errors.

2. Alternative Contact Form: Consider implementing an alternative contact form without CAPTCHA for the time being. This can serve as a backup method for customers who are unable to use the regular contact form.

3. Notification Banner: Place a notification banner on your website informing users about the temporary removal of CAPTCHA and providing alternative ways to contact you. This will keep your customers informed about the situation.

4. Monitoring and Communication: Keep a close eye on your support ticket status and communicate regularly with your support team for updates. If possible, provide status updates to your customers through your website or social media channels.

Badge +1

Thank your for the information. I explored all those and currently we are allowing users to create a ticket without a need to login. I appreciate your time.