Changing reply template subject

• 16 January 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

Is there a way to change the subject when replying to a ticket? I know there is a agent reply template but that doesn't allow me to modify the subject of the e-mail that is sent to the users.

My problem is that Google Apps (GMail) includes the original e-mail sent to the helpdesk email and removes the [#ticket number] from the subject when a reply is sent back from support agent if you are in conversation view. This means when the user now tried to reply via e-mail, the [#12] will be missing from the e-mail subject. When that happens, every-time the user respond, a new ticket will be captured in the system. I want to be able to make significant changes to the subject so that GMail will not capture the reply as part of the conversation view (otherwise my current work-around is to get everyone to turn off conversation view which is rather tedious) 

Conversation View On:

Conversation View Off:

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

Sorry for not responding to this thread earlier. I assume you might have figured out a way to get this working by this time. If not, please drop a note and we're ready to help you configure this .

For the benefit of other users who might have the same question, 

We check for any of the three conditions mentioned below in the given order when the requester or any other contact from the same company sends a reply to a ticket: 

1. The subject line of the reply email should contain the ticketID in the format [#{{ticketID}}].  eg: [#1191] , where 1191 is the ticketID.

2. The messageID of the email sent to create the ticket should be there in the reference part of the reply email.

3.  When an email notification or agent reply is sent from FreshDesk, we include a hidden span in the email, which includes the ticketID. When a user replies to that notification without removing the quoted text, the email reply will be appended to the parent ticket.

(Any email sent using the Dispatch’r, Supervisor or the Observer rules will not have the ticket identifier. Hence we need to the include [#{{ticketID}}] in the emails sent using the rules.)

Cheers!