Question

Collaborators and internal group assignment

• 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

When allocating a ticket to an internal group (using the shared ownership feature) you can use that group’s automatic assignment rules to pick a suitable agent - just like when a new ticket is created.  However if the group includes collaborators this breaks down because collaborators cannot set their availability.

It almost seems like it *should* be possible, because they have a checkbox in the dashboard when you look at available agents.  However, if you check their box it has no effect (unlike with full agents) and is cleared again if you refresh - so it looks like the UI is the same for agents/collaborators alike, but there’s no field to be set for collaborators.

I think I could work around this with some home-grown automations, but I’m sure this would put more load on the Freshdesk server than doing it natively using the facilities already in place.  Is there any reason why collaborators cannot have availability, or perhaps a setting I’ve missed which means they can?

3 replies

Badge

Help request

I have created a group for collaborators, i am looking to assign tickets to them and also setup some metrics and track performance on the management of those tickets . Anybody has experience with such cases ?

At this time , when i select the group to which the collaborators are allocated - I cannot select them at ticket level in the agent field.

In addition , how did you went about the analytics/ reporting piece ?

Ty in advance !

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hey @Ramona . I don’t think you can assign tickets to collaborators as primary owners - they need to be full agents. You can assign them as shared owners using the internal group fields. Your collaborator group needs to be mapped as an internal group onto one or more ticket statuses for this shared assignment to become available when you select such a status in the ticket view.

Badge

@SciBruce thank you for the inout , I will try out your suggestion.