Freshdesk Tips

Community Carnival Market: Freshdesk Hidden Gems

• 18 October 2022
  • 6 replies
Community Carnival Market: Freshdesk Hidden Gems
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Frightfully good Freshdesk tips headed your way!

A little note about me: I am the Technical Account Manager, Freshdesk Support Desk, and have been with Freshworks for over 3 years, solving product and technical issues, building meaningful and lasting relationships with customers along the way.

🎃Hidden Gem #1
Recent activities in Dashboard:

Every day, numerous ticket activities occur in your helpdesk, and we, as agents, may want to overview/monitor them for different purposes. The Recent activities list at the top right corner of the Dashboard definitely helps in showing a timeline of activities on new tickets submitted to your helpdesk. These activities will include status changes, ticket assignments, and even agent replies. You can also directly jump to a ticket, customer, or agent by clicking on the corresponding link in the list.

l_Lgp69_uNGFYS1xmPLmbo8SPRtjgVyGNN36kylNHRtM2jCnyyNDLr9uvA1h5M4j3BX_tgRzJlz_UBNhF-Pv4d7_XD44ofA37NT5BguZmZOJTDg4JEdTfg-p5CHWzYVGoSU2Nut9neMq8jh1Un_QeG26vHamR5KKhzu8Jutb80u93nGyFxSB_Q9NFQ

🎃🎃Hidden Gem #2
To-Do list in Freshdesk:

Often, your agents will need to perform a series of tasks - like reproducing an error or downloading issue logs - before they can resolve a ticket. Did you know Freshdesk provides a To-do feature? With this, every agent can maintain a to-do list within each ticket to ensure they don't miss out on any tasks. They can even set reminders for each of the to-dos added on tickets and receive alerts when they are due. Also, once they're done with a task, it can be marked as completed.

HY9RRmGV33gKzzGQ_u7UyE0GJ-n0VUqRPkZpiBNKKryu5-syNrjPmFNBKo75BYUt8U_tMc5yazRDGv8cAXQtl06x_7vd4AKyPt54xXXeqIBZ95NoNtIbRff-ws7gpFETNP3YiHK_VORVGFJagWyDQCEKCYoZ1Y7uqSz2uGvgUIZGFjC2oBb1sNtE7Q

🎃🎃🎃Hidden Gem #3
Table view - Ticket list view Freshdesk:

Sometimes, it is tedious for agents to go through every ticket and find the necessary information required to perform the next set of actions. In such cases, we can make use of the Table view layout and customize the view by adding custom ticket fields so the agents can look up the data they need immediately. The customized table view can help prioritize the fields on a table and resolve tickets faster.

wv2sBeTcLOqGmWiqgFzawK3VuAYZGXFlIgxHirwcCTqOMhtdFGlu0Ymo1AyVJbc9PRvdFqdn4oRzZGcqSqAqzEHDOI1wgOPqNTTsw5EDNgVn5NPDTELz_O30fULl1hDmv-bvcWAxlca6PqMsgmq_6g69akcLLvCysPEi2B5Q1fq_96xh_ABS5FoU9g

The haunt is on for more! Tell us your favourite feature in the comments!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

These are helpful tips @hemanth.ramya! Thank you

Tagging some of our members who can share some of their favourite features that could help during this festive season: @Krishozky @H.Coetzee @RejoyKRoy @rmccrckn @Sathyanarayan.km @matchd-rb @Sudha Max @brtome @Crocus_Benford @foxcubmama @finn - we would love to hear from you! 🙌🏼

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Maschendra Yadav K 

#Hidden_Gem #Freshdesk

We encountered numerous problems with the tickets, especially duplication tickets and frequent follow-ups with different teams. So, with changes over which tickets, we had no idea. Freshdesk, on the other hand, offers #Parent-Child Ticketing, a feature like #Hidden Gem.

By enabling #Parent-Child Ticketing agents can split up a ticket into smaller sub-tickets that may be handled concurrently by various agents, parent-child ticketing aids businesses in resolving difficulties more quickly.

Most teams now get through by establishing a ticket request, sending it to several teams, and then following up with them. The parent ticket of due diligence may be divided into child tickets using parent-child ticketing, allowing an agent to generate sub-tickets with the several tasks for teams to accomplish.

For each parent ticket, the team may add up to 50 child tickets. Only after all the connected child tickets are closed can a parent ticket can be closed.

Here are few samples that we have enabled…

@Sathyanarayan.km @alyssia.correa #CustomerGem #FreshDesk #Parent-Child 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

These are helpful tips @hemanth.ramya! Thank you

Tagging some of our members who can share some of their favourite features that could help during this festive season: @Krishozky @H.Coetzee @RejoyKRoy @rmccrckn @Sathyanarayan.km @matchd-rb @Sudha Max @brtome @Crocus_Benford @foxcubmama @finn - we would love to hear from you! 🙌🏼

Hello everyone! Hello Alyssia! As everyone does, I use the ticket view feature so I don’t need to use the filters every time. To do this: 

When I filter some specific tickets, if I think that would be useful for a regular check I save the view and name it. During the hectic days and hours, I no longer need to filter each time. Instead of this, I can make a cup of coffee and save the time ☕️😌

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

#Hidden_Gem #Freshdesk

We encountered numerous problems with the tickets, especially duplication tickets and frequent follow-ups with different teams. So, with changes over which tickets, we had no idea. Freshdesk, on the other hand, offers #Parent-Child Ticketing, a feature like #Hidden Gem.

By enabling #Parent-Child Ticketing agents can split up a ticket into smaller sub-tickets that may be handled concurrently by various agents, parent-child ticketing aids businesses in resolving difficulties more quickly.

Most teams now get through by establishing a ticket request, sending it to several teams, and then following up with them. The parent ticket of due diligence may be divided into child tickets using parent-child ticketing, allowing an agent to generate sub-tickets with the several tasks for teams to accomplish.

For each parent ticket, the team may add up to 50 child tickets. Only after all the connected child tickets are closed can a parent ticket can be closed.

Here are few samples that we have enabled…

@Sathyanarayan.km @alyssia.correa #CustomerGem #FreshDesk #Parent-Child 

Thank you for sharing @Maschendra Yadav K - that’s a really cool tip! Keep them coming 💪🏻

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

These are great tips!

The to-do list is very useful for us as a reminder for when we arrange a call back with a customer.

One useful tool that might be under utilised by others is Linked Tickets. We have had cases such as our website has gone down for an update. All of the customers that emailed us at that time were linked to a tracker ticket so when the issue was resolved, we could quickly and easily update all of the related tickets.