Question

Conditional Single Line Field based on Dropdown field (no sections)

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have multiple teams split within an instance via sections. This is so that they can have individual ticket fields by team.

Currently, I have a Dropdown within a team section. I would like a solution that allows me to have a Single-line Text Box appear conditionally if the value of the Dropdown is equal to ‘Other’

Usually, I would use sections to arrange, however you cannot have sections within sections

Since I require a Single-Line Text Box, I also cannot use a Conditional Field to resolve this

Any ideas on how this can be created? Or an alternative?

I have a pro license

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Toby 

Welcome to Freshworks Community!

Kindly let me understand your concern.

Now let's assume the name of the dropdown fields is Type with choices - Problem, Question, Other.

When an agent clicks on Type, a dropdown is initiated with a list of choices from which your agents can make a selection.

Should I comprehend that a single-line text box must appear whenever your agents click on the dropdown from the ticket properties and select the option Other, while not for the rest of the choices?

Regards
Sudhan
Product Consultant- Freshdesk Omnichannel

Badge +1

Hi Sudhan,

This is correct, however the ‘Type’ field in this example is already within a section based off of Group.

Best wishes,

Toby

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Toby If you can navigate to APPS Section and choose the app named “Custom_Ticket_Fields”
https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/custom_ticket_fields, then you will be able to Show/Hide certain fields based on Group or Type or Product option. This will help you to validate certain fields based on a value selection in a type dropdown field without aligning to the Section feature.