Question

Connect a domain not sub domain to a Freshdesk helpdesk

• 29 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I currently have a Freshdesk account, I Have a helpdesk setup for our main product under a subdomain of our main domain. this is helpdesk.companyname.com

We have a parallel product that we would like to use a freshdesk portal as the main page on the main domain (not a sub domain) but I am having trouble linking the custom domain to the helpdesk. www.productname.com and productname.com

We use godaddy for domain purchases.

I have tried the instructions at the custom domain page when I change the helpdesk address to productname.com and it has not worked. 

This may actually be a godaddy issue but I cant find anyone who is doing what I am trying to do when I search arround.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @bart_14182,

I believe you’re trying to setup a vanity URL for your new product defined in your Freshdesk account. While setting it up, you would be asked the enter the CNAME records generated inside your Freshdesk page in your DNS settings:

Ideally, you wouldn’t get any errors if you enter your domain name here and the records should be generated successfully. Once done, you can publish this in your DNS settings and that should work. If you’re getting any errors while publishing it, you might have to get in touch with your DNS provider to fix this.

Here’s an article for your reference.

Thank you!