Solved

Create a Ticket in freshdsk from MS Teams Message

• 13 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I’m new to freshdesk, so I don’t really know if this is already implemented.

Is there anyway that I can create a ticket (as an agent) from a message?

I’ve searced and all I could find is that it might exist for freshservice.

icon

Best answer by pedro_san 20 March 2023, 10:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @pedro_san Welcome to the Freshworks Community! We do have an integration with MS Teams that allows you to create tickets in Freshdesk from Teams messages. Here’s the link to the article that outlines the steps to install the integration and the steps to create a new ticket:

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/232273-the-microsoft-teams-app#Creating-new-tickets

Cheers!

Badge +1

Thank you for the quick reply!

I did the instalation and  have the app on my MS Teams. But the steps to create a new ticket in that article only refer that I have to go to the App itself to create a new ticket.

I was hoping that I could create a new ticket from the “More actions” option from a message.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @pedro_san,

Welcome to Freshworks Community :)

As you requested, I am afraid that we wouldn’t be able to create a ticket from more action. You need to initiate the ticket creation from the bot flow inside the MS Teams 

Creating new tickets

1. On the Microsoft Teams app, click on the Freshdesk app from the left panel. 
  2. Type Create Ticket command on the bot and hit Enter.
  3. Click on the Create Ticket button on the bot.

Create Ticket BOT

Enter the following details on the form:

Filling out requester details before creating a ticket

• Requester email
  • Subject
  • Description
  • Status
  • Priority
  • Group
  • Agent 

1. Click Create.
  2. On successful creation, you will see the following notification. Use the ticket link to view the ticket directly on  Freshdesk.

Succesful Ticket Creation notification

Here’s to you,
Vidya D

Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service :) 

Badge +1

Hi @Vidya Deenadayalan,

Actually, I was able to create an action using powerautomate, that for a selected message opens up an adaptable card that asks only for a Subject and Priority, it then identifies the M365 user that wrote the message and proceeds to create the ticket.

Flow to create a Freshdesk ticket from a Teams message

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @pedro_san ,

Awesome, Thank you for returning and posting the Power automate approach to create a Freshdesk ticket from the MS Teams. This is gonna help lots of our users.

There is no delight in owning anything unshared 🙂” Again, thank you for contributing to our community by making delightful customer experiences.

Here’s to you,
Vidya D

Badge +2

Hi...was interested in a little bit more detail on how this works (PowerAutomate with Freshdesk...)   Is the PowerAutomate form a TEAMS form?   How do you make the connection between PowerAutomate  and FD?   

Thanks ---  (PA newbie….never was able to figure out a use-case for PA that was non-trivial...this is the first time I’ve seen something that I’d actually like to implement!)   

--- L 

Badge +1

@lkeyes , I found out that there’s a trigger for Teams that’s called “For a selected message”:

This trigger allows you to create a small form (Edit Adaptative Card), in which I created 2 fields, the ticket subject and the ticket priority. For each of these fields I gave them an ID:

Adapative Card for Teams (1st field - Subject, 2nd field Priority)
Subject propreties
Priority properties 1
Priority properties 2

I then added an action to get the user profile from O365 “Get user profile (V2)”, so that I can get the email for the ticket request, in which the user ID is the Teams message Sender:

Get user profile (V2)

The next action is the “Create a Ticket” from Freshdesk.

In which I filled the fields with the necessary information, in the description I added a link to the message.

When you save it, you will get a message on Teams from PowerAutomate Bot, letting you know that you have a new action avaiable on your messages (Mine is in Portuguese):

I’m leaving here the zip, so that you can try and import the flow to Powerautomate. (don’t know if it works)