Question

Create and send custom customer reports

• 26 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Need to create a simple customer report listing all ‘not closed’ tickets for a customer (company) and schedule an automate generation/email of report to individuals in a customer.

Just got off a call with support and identified the following options, but not workable solutions for us:

1. Send a standard report to a client .. wrong information. Customer needs a simple list of unresolved tickets, not trends.
  2. Create a custom report, have this sent to an agent. Agent then would have to download the report and send it to the customer. Report is actual what we need, but we are not looking to add step to my teams workflows. This is the job for a system, but a human.
  3. Create an report in analytics (dashboard) and schedule it to be sent to a client .. there are no ‘list’ widgets, so can’t generate this simple list.

From my vantage, the fundamental problem is reports/analytics are targeted at help desk management, not customer reporting. They do a nice job of this. Trying to get a customer report automatically generated out of this capability seems like a ‘square peg/round hole’ problem.

For customers, these analytic reports/dashboards work well for leadership views (charts and graphs depicting trends .. are perfect), but not for the folks managing the client workload (aka responding, escalating, etc  within the customer org). On calls, it’s easy to get them in from of the portal to review tickets, but this is a ticket at a time process. 

However, for a clients internal processes, this does not work well. It’s not efficient to go into a meeting and review each ticket in a portal. Rather, they need a simple CSV like report listing each ticket, key attributes (id, subject, priority, status, customer/agent touch counts, etc) for their purposes.

Be great if this would be added to FreshDesk

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @DougHillRosettaHealth ,

Welcome to Freshworks Community!

I understand you are looking for a straight-forward solution of extracting reports with the basic Ticket Details and the associated customer/company information.

We have the “Ticket Export” option within fresh desk which supports this case and returns the details of all the unresolved tickets along with the stated attributes, please refer to the following link for more insight into this -

How-do-i-export-my-tickets-from-freshdesk-

Here is a video link, that explains this further -

I hope this helps :)

Cheers!

Userlevel 1
Badge

This works great and is exactly the functionality I am looking for. BUT, It restricts sending this export to agents, not customers.

It also shares a link to download the extract -vs- the actual extract. As a result, I can’t simply set up an email rule to forward this report to a customer as it requires logging as the agent to ‘download’ the extract.

Am I missing something?

To be clear, I want this report .. described in your link .. to produce this extract weekly as an attachment -vs- a link and allow me to send it to whomever I want (aka a customer) .. without any other human interaction.

Doug

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @DougHillRosettaHealth thanks for getting back. Tagging @Pooja Bernice to help resolve the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

FYI - The freshdesk support desk already confirmed this capability isn’t in the product. The reason for the post was to request it.

Specifically,

• Scheduled extract - this is there today
  • I get to choose what is extracted - this is there today
  • Send to a non-agent (aka customer) - this is NOT there today.

Doug

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you for clarifying @DougHillRosettaHealth, noted. May I request you to share this on our Ideas section, please?