Solved

Create ticket for customers via email

• 4 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

How can I create a ticket on behalf for a customer via email.

Scenario is like this:

• I am an agent
  • One customer write to me via email and I want to put this email to the ticket system
  • I reply to the customer using my email and cc the support email. So from: me, the agent, to: customer’s email; cc: our support email which is used to receive customer inquiry and create the ticket in freshdesk

How can I do the above? If I send email like the above, the contact will always be me, the agent, which is meaningless. 

icon

Best answer by Keer 8 February 2021, 17:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Good day, @alzhao!

We completely understand your requirement and you can indeed achieve this by editing the advanced email settings. Please navigate to Admin → Emails → Advanced Settings and ensure the following is enabled: 

Once you toggle this option on, your agents can forward the emails from your customers from their mailbox to your support email and tickets would be created in the customer’s name. 

I hope this does the trick for you :) 

Cheers, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team. 

Badge

It is not a forward email. It is just reply email which does not contain the original sender details.

I never mention forward. 

I just tried it does not work at all. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @alzhao, if you cc the support email ID, the requester email would be yours and hence, the ticket would be created in your name as you’d mentioned earlier. 

Instead, assume the following case: 

Customer A mails agent B directly. If you have the option enabled, agent B can forward the email from their mailbox to support address say x@gmail.com. Now, the email would be created as a ticket in the system, and agent B can reply back from the helpdesk. 

By doing so, you can ensure that all emails from customers are logged in as tickets and are rightly attended to. 

Would that work for you? 

Thanks, 

Keer, 

Freshworks Community Team. 

Badge

I actually asked for the first case. Image that, the user emailed to me (the agent) directly, instead of forward this email to support system, I’d like to reply to him directly and cc support. By doing this, I can solve the user’s questions directly by replying him. At the same time, create a trackable ticket in the system.

It does not make sense to create the ticket in my name, because I am an agent. 

Hi @alzhao, if you cc the support email ID, the requester email would be yours and hence, the ticket would be created in your name as you’d mentioned earlier. 

Even I tried the 2nd case (forward email) it does not work as expected. Maybe because it is the email client didn’t carry the original email meta data. But as I said above, freshdesk should not create the ticket under the name of the agent. It should just create the name from to or cc and assign to the agent.