Solved

Creating an advanced article on the Knowledge base

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

When I create an article in our company’s Knowledge base, I need to customize it with code.

I saw that there is a code view, but it seems that the HTML code I configure does not work as expected (I tested in a different environment and it worked).

I am trying to code dropdown content buttons.

Is it possible on Freshdesk system? If it does, what is the best way to do so?

I want to have the option to click on a buttom with a subject, and that button will open a sub-article. I need several buttons inside one article.

Thank you,

Amit

icon

Best answer by aravind.sundararajan 6 March 2023, 17:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Amit.s You can customize the article view page from the Admin > Portals > Customize > Edit layout > Pages > Article view sectionYou can define the dropdown behavior here and it would show up on the articles.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Amit.s, unfortunately it is not possible to add elements to the articles using the article builder. You can insert snippets of code but they cannot be executed on the page unless you add them using the page layout option.

You can also post this idea to our Ideas forum to gather feedback and interest from other community members.

Cheers!

Badge

Hi @aravind.sundararajan,

Is this the only way to customize the article content?

I work in an organization and I don’t have Admin access, I only create the articles.

Best Regards,

Amit