Solved

Custom View: all ticket types EXCEPT...

• 1 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have created a Custom Field called “Type” which allows us to categorize tickets (printing, network, password reset, etc). I would like to create a custom view which filters OUT some of these ticket types. However, when I select some of the options, I get no results… I assume this is because the filter is performing an AND search and not an OR search (seeking tickets with all of those Types instead of tickets with any of them).

Am I missing something? Is the kind of filter I want not possible?

icon

Best answer by aravind.sundararajan 1 May 2023, 16:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @MisterD Welcome to the Freshworks Community. Freshdesk filters allow for the filtering of tickets based on specific type values, such as printing or password reset. In this case, the filters treat multiple values as OR conditions.

Could you kindly verify if any other filters, such as the creation date, are being utilized in the view that might be preventing you from getting the list of tickets?

Cheers!

Badge

Thank you for responding. :)

I created my filter by starting with the All Unresolved view and modifying it. I have confirmed that all of the options are the same… except that I checked all of the options under Type which I want to see. Here is a screenshot (with some information blurred). Note that most filter categories are wide open, status is set to “all unresolved,” and several Ticket Types are included:

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @MisterD Can you please share your Freshdesk URL in DM, please? Could you verify if selecting these type values individually returns any results?

Cheers!

Badge

🤦‍♂️

All of the tickets have been resolved… so they were not showing up in an “All unresolved” filter. 

Thank you. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

No worries @MisterD Happy to help :)

Cheers!