Question

Data Import From Admin > Account Settings > Export Data

• 24 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

As the account admin I “Create[d] an XML file with all [my] data from this Freshdesk Support Desk account.” at Admin >  Account Settings > Export Data. I now have a .zip file that contains .xml files for tickets, users, groups, companies, and solutions. This is perfect, but I want to be able to import this back into my Freshdesk Support Desk account after making a change to the .xml files. Please see my comment below for my attempts.

2 replies

Badge

I believe I found my answer with this: link. It mentions that ticket import is not yet available through .csv but is available with import2 (I guess a paid solution) or using the API (which is also a pain).

Lets say I choose the API option. I found the API documentation here: link. It mentions that the support for .XML is deprecated and only .JSON is accepted with the new API version 2. In the original question I mentioned that I only received the data export in .XML format so now I am wondering what to do. Do I try to use version 1 of the API or do I try to convert the .XML to .JSON (seems like a nightmare), thanks for your time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there, 

You can do it in a simpler way: merge two Freshdesk accounts. This way, you can import such records as groups, agents, companies, contacts, tickets, categories, folders, articles, forums, and topics.

In addition, you don’t need to convert XML into JSON, as you directly move into a new Freshdesk account.

If you still require a CSV file of your tickets, you can search for a third-party app on the Freshworks marketplace. Freshdesk just supports importing contacts into CSV. A third-party app can transfer ticket ID, subject, tags, department name, description, type, status, priority, attachments, agent email, etc.

I hope it might help you.

Best regards, 

Tetiana