Deleted Contacts and new tickets?

• 20 July 2012
  • 8 replies

Hi, we deleted all our contacts in Freshdesk in order to start with a better organized situation again.

While testing, I noticed that my emails did not go through to Freshdesk. After a long search, I restored the email address I used in contacts again.

After this, I send another email, and now it went straight into Freshdesk!

Does this mean, that once you delete a contact, and this person sends an email to the email address that is connected to Freshdesk, won't be able to get a ticket?

(so, not creating a ticket via "New Ticket", but via the email address).

Thanks for the info.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello,

You'd now be able to permanently delete a contact in Freshdesk. Read this article to know more about the functionality.

Cheers!

Hi Guys

Sorry we will not be supporting complete PURGING of data because each USER account is linked to 50 DB Tables in Freshdesk, which includes Roles, Forums Likes, Solution likes/Feedback, Reports and lot more. 

If we allowed complete DELETION of USER, we will end up screwing up the links in the backend, which is why our Team has restricted the complete Deletion of USERs.

As of now, there is no way to delete the record completely in Freshdesk

Thanks and hope you understand

Vijay

Me too I'd like to have this ability. Please respond.

I would like to have the ability to permanently delete customers as well.  Please advise. 

I'd like to be able to purge the trash. I've been testing with my own personal email and I want to remove myself from the system.

That might be an issue. Often we have customers that have a few accounts that send us tickets. We reassign the sender of tickets to the one supervisor of that company and delete the other non approved users, we dont want to block them in the future though. Shouldnt SPAM and TRASH be defined by us not by an automation we have no control over? There is the filters for SPAM available so I dont see how forcing the issue with a user delete helps anyone.
ESA SI ES SU DECICION SI ME VAN A BORRAR PUES DELE USTED.

CORDIALMENTE.

ING.

JUAN GABRIEL PACHON PACHON.

NIT.
CEL 316 3739378.
FIJO. 2407661.
EMAIL. gabrielpachon011@gmail.com
Hi 

Very sorry for the delayed response. Missed this forum post :(

Once a contact is deleted, we will MARK the USER as DELETED, but they're are not completely removed from the SYSTEM. We will drop the Emails from this USER in the TRASH/SPAM folder.

Once you RESTORE the USER, Mails will be created as TICKETS into the Tickets section.

regards
Vijay