Disable End user login to portal.

• 18 January 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi- I would like to know if it is possible to have the end user submit a ticket just to by emailing to help desk without having to create an account? I would like to test this in my environment before I grant the end user access to their own portal.  

Please let me know if this is possible.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Thanks, @Andyfor pitching in.

As @Andypointed out, you can remove all references to your portal by removing the links in the notification emails sent to the users. You can configure this under Admin-> Email notifications-> Requester Notifications section.

Cheers!

I want to get everyone in a habit of emailing in their request and issues first. Once this has been established I would then like to introduce the portal to them 3 months from now. If this isn't possible I will have to look into other solutions. 

It's certainly possible to never have users login to the portal. Accounts are automatically created the first time they email in, and you an turn off the email notifications for the account creation as well as edit your templates to not include a link to the ticket itself. That should keep your portal "hidden" until you're ready to unveil it.