Question

Disable "priority" default field

• 17 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello guys, hope you are doing fine (:

I’d like to know if there a way to hide or disable the “Priority” default field?

I already tried a custom role, also 3 differents apps from Marketplace:

• Hide fields app 9822 
  • Disable fields app 25380 
  • Hide/Disable Ticket Fields app 5416 (suggested by this article)

But in none of them is it possible to block or hide this field. I believe the ability to have this set up is vastly needed…

And of course, we have some reasons for this particular use, such as:

• Block the change of priority in a certain phase of the ticket.
  • Block the field based on some function condition.
  • Block changing the field based on some specific condition of the ticket (such as Type, or dependent fields, etc.)

Among other examples, which are even met by the apps I mentioned above in matters of conditions, but it is not possible to perform the "blocking" action.

Thanks for now

2 replies

In Freshdesk, you cannot directly hide or disable the "Priority" default field, as it is a system field. However, you can achieve a similar functionality using a workaround.

Here's a workaround for Freshdesk:

1. Create a custom field: Create a custom dropdown field that mimics the "Priority" field (e.g., "Custom Priority" with the same options as the default "Priority" field).

2. Set up rules: Configure rules in the "Dispatcher" section of the Automations to copy the value from your custom field to the default "Priority" field when needed. This way, you can use the custom field to control the priority without exposing the default "Priority" field to agents.

3. Control access: Use the custom role settings in Freshdesk to control access to the custom field based on agent roles. You can set the custom field to be editable by certain roles and read-only or hidden for others. This will allow you to block changes to the priority based on conditions like ticket phase or agent role.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

If you can’t hide it have you tried to disable the options using the “Set Ticket Field Options” app(id 9817)?