Question

Don't show only the latest 5 conversations in the quoted text

• 16 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

Sometimes I will have a long discussion with a customer and we will exchanged a lot of e-mails.

It could happen that I need to add an answer with a different color to an older e-mail in the thread.

But as I have found out, Freshdesk doesn’t allow more than 5 conversations in the quoted text section when you reply to a client.

Can you please remove this limit?

I feel this slows down the work.

I had copy and paste the old e-mail I wanted to my response after I extended the quoted text.

You could do the same as Outlook and just leave all the e-mails in the thread.

Yes, you can see all the e-mail in the Portal.
Yes, the users have all the e-mails that were sent to them.

But by not having all the responses in one e-mail, they have to keep on jumping thru all the e-mails until they find the one they need.

This happened to me with the ticket I raised to Freshdesk for asking about this.

Regards,

Silviu

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Silviu B. 

Greetings from Freshdesk community!

You are correct, the quoted text will show the last five conversations only. That is the default behavior at the moment. However, I completely hear you! Should you feel that this could be a useful feature, please record your thoughts on this space https://community.freshworks.com/ideas

Our product team considers your request based on the number of upvotes and the priority for this feature. Your post could be valuable in tracking this!

Cheers,
Barun