Duplicate ticket creation

Whenever customer sends mail for the ticket creation,Freshdesk creating the 2 ticket for the one problem

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Prajakta, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

I am converting this post into a ticket so that I can better assist you with your issue. 

Anna

Dears,

I have this issue with participants/customers from only one company. Please is there any update?

this is also mentioned here and I have been pushing it for 2 years!!

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/8861/page/last#post-465452

I believe what is happening may be that another user is CC:ed. I have noticed on our own tickets that when a user who is CC:ed on a ticket, responds to the ticket email, a duplicate ticket is created.

If this is the case this is a big issue. The entire point of a ticket system in my mind is to enable collaboration both internally and with the client.

We also have a duplicate ticketing problem.  Every time other agents are CC'ed on the initial request another ticket is created.  How to we stop this and have only one ticket created instead of duplicates? 

CC'ed coverage here is a good idea but I think all i need is a rule i can set up that says "if guest sends (or CC'ed person) any further emails to Freshdesk they will all be collated under this same ticket number" [For X period of time] - e.g. 2 weeks, 1 week, options etc...  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Firstly, sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. 

Now coming to the issue at hand, if a person on the CC of a ticket responds, it SHOULDN'T create a new ticket and instead should be appended to the same conversation thread. 

Dan Mckenna, I believe the other thread you're referring to talks about the possibility of merging tickets coming from the same requestor, automatically. We haven't addressed that yet because sometimes the same customer might want to discuss two entirely different things which would be handled by different groups or in a different way altogether. Hence merging them might not be the best thing to do. I hope you understand. 

Everyone, if you're having issues with duplicate tickets being created when the person on the CC responds, please help us with screenshots so that we can help you out better. You can shoot an email at support(at)freshdesk(dot)com so that this can be handled separately offline. 

Anna

"We haven't addressed that yet because sometimes the same customer might
want to discuss two entirely different things which would be handled by
different groups or in a different way altogether. Hence merging them
might not be the best thing to do" -
In this case it can be that the customer wants to discuss two different things but in many cases  they are adding more people to the same conversation. Is there a way we have the option to select what the action should be?

This is still a problem and needs to be fixed. People have multiple emails today. If the requester replies from another email, it creates another ticket. This is a common occurrence. You need to find another unique identifier.

Agree with Joseph here and I have raised yet another case of this as a topic - please join in there in order to vote on it!! I have been pushing this for 3 years now.

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/311805

We have signed up to this service last week and have in the last few days begun experiencing this same issue. Incoming emails are generating two identical tickets.

Hello Dan Mckenna, Thanks for your insightful idea on auto-merging tickets within a time frame and the ability to turn that on or off. I have added this to our product backlog, but can't confirm a timeline for implementation.

Nicholas - can you please raise a ticket with support@freshdesk.com describing your issue with identical tickets for the same email?

Thanks,

Sudha