Question

Duplicate tickets with Distribution Groups

• 9 February 2022
  • 3 replies

So I am relatively new with Freshdesk.  I have found that if my support email is within a distribution group and someone emails that distribution group a ticket will eb created (As I would expect).  The challenge is that when someone else in that distribution group replies, a new ticket is being created each time.  So for my case I have a ALL group that is frequently used to send notifications to all employees.  When employee A sends the first email it works as expected.  A ticket is created in FD, and that employee is set as the client.  The issue comes into play when Employee b responds.  When that occurs, a new ticket is created. So if Employees B,C,D,E,F all reply, is will cause there to be 6 independent tickets created in FD.

This also happens with when the ALL group is CC’ed on a reply in a ticket.  Any reply back is creating a new ticket.

3 replies

bumping this as we’re running into this as well

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @dpyle @amcui 

Greetings from Freshworks community! 

In Freshdesk we would highly recommend not to use Shared mailbox or Distributed list email address as a support mail address since this would cause Ticket creation issues and Ticket threading issues, you can learn more about the same in this article: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/230163-can-i-add-a-group-shared-mailbox-as-our-support-email-address- 

We request you to make use of a standalone mailbox as a Support email address in Freshdesk to have smooth functioning of Ticket creation and Threading. 

I hope this helps! 

Badge +1

Bravo!