Edit Overdue tags on tickets

• 10 June 2013
  • 2 replies

The Overdue tags are not applicable to our customer support requirements.

How do we remove the Overdue tags, or edit the times.

We want "Overdue" to appear only on tickets where one of our agents has not responded in more than 3 days.  Currently it appears to tag all inactive tickets as Overdue after 3 days.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I'm interested in finding out how to do this, as well.  A lot of tickets that are set to "waiting on customer" or "pending" will set as Overdue by default, which is not what we want, as we want to keep these tickets open but are still expecting a reply from a customer.

First off, I'd like to apologize for the late reply. You've probably figured it out by now but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. 

A ticket is flagged as overdue when an SLA violation occurs. So to avoid this, all you need to do is turn off the SLA timer whenever you're waiting on a customer or a third party. Normally, the timer shouldn't be ON if your ticket is 'PENDING' because SLA timers are paused when the ticket status changes to Pending. 

The key is to either switch off the SLA timer for Pending(the default option is OFF) and change the ticket status to Pending when you're waiting for a customer or a third party vendor or even a dev to get back to you. Or create a custom ticket status(like Third Party Vendor or Waiting on Customer), and switch off it's SLA timer, for these specific cases. 

You can meddle with ticket statuses and SLA timers by going to the Admin Tab--->Ticket Fields and then selecting the Status drop down Menu. A window opens up which lets you edit pre-existing custom statuses or create a new one. I hope this helps :)