Editing and deleting ticket replies

• 2 October 2018
  • 2 replies

What is the policy behind the ability to edit and delete replies by the agent?

I'm currently in a trial version. I see that I can re-edit some replies but not all. I cannot even re-edit my own written reply but I can re-edit the very first reply.

Then again I can delete my own replies but I cannot delete others (which is obvious) but is it obvious that I can reedit other replies?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +7

As far as I can see I can edit any note that was created, either public or private, but cannot edit a reply. That makes sense as a reply generates an email to the customer so editing it would create two versions of what was sent. As far a I can see this applies both to replies I sent, and replies other agents sent.

It is possible to edit a customer response, and we do use this, especially when a customer mail was sent to us outside FreshDesk and the mail was forwarded. We then change the sender and delete any details about the forwarding.

I can delete replies. I have had the problem that a reply was sent twice (at the same time, I think a problem with my mouse driver). Then I have deleted the second reply which is identical. However, the customer has probably received two emails.

So the me the available options make sense.  

OK, that all makes sense.

Thanks Mark