Solved

Editing KB article with Edge delete inserted videos !?

• 15 December 2021
  • 19 replies

Badge +4

Hi 

I have created articles with video hosted in Vimeo.

When I edit the article with Edge, it deletes the inserted video HTML code !? 

Tested on 2 different workstation / account.

Any idea ? any workaround ? any solution ? 

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 12 January 2022, 13:32

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @j.haguet, ideally the code should not be deleted automatically. Can you share some insights on what changes you are making? Are you editting the solution artilce code? Can you try inserting the video using the link option and notice the behaviour?

Insert video

Can you also check if you saved the draft before editting again?

Looking forward to your inference!

Badge +4

Here some additionnals details : 

I have created an article to test showing Video hosted on Vimeo

Then, I wanted to share with my colleague who is using Edge, and all Video items are deleted when editing the article.

See sequence as attached screenshot.

See also original article content (extracted from an Export)

Now, I also face the problem with Chrome …

Badge +4

Same problem with videos hosted on YouTube

1. New article, insert video, Save => OK
  2. Edit article => Video inserted is deleted !?

Nobody else is facing this problem !?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@j.haguet, a quick update: The issue has been acknlowledged as a bug from our end and our best minds are working on it to fix the same. We’ll keep you posted with further updates here. Apologies for the inconvinience. For time being, you can insert the video right before publishing. Can you try that?

Badge +4

@Keer : I am not sure what you want me to try … 

Yes, I can confirm you that inserting a video, then publishing is OK. But, most of the time, I do need to update the article once published. So, this bug is VERY annoying for us.

Please keep me updated

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We totally understand your predicament, @j.haguet.

The technical team is working on the fix and we will keep you posted here, as and when we receive updates on the same. Apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime!

Thank you, 

Badge +4

We totally understand your predicament, @j.haguet.

The technical team is working on the fix and we will keep you posted here, as and when we receive updates on the same. Apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime!

Thank you, 

Hello @hemanth.ramya and happy new year.

No update on this yet ? Please, we do need this to be fixed ASAP

FYI, next Monday, it’s my birthday, in case the technical would need motivation …

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good day, @j.haguet, wishing you a happy new year and birthday in advance! :)

The fix for this issue is currently in testing phase, we will keep you posted once it is deployed. Thank you!  

Badge +4

Hi 

I have created articles with video hosted in Vimeo.

When I edit the article with Edge, it deletes the inserted video HTML code !? 

Tested on 2 different workstation / account.

Any idea ? any workaround ? any solution ? 

Is it solved? I also do same with YouTube it also create problem.

Does not seem fixed yet.

They definitely missed my birthday ...

Badge +4

Hello @marrrysmits 

Seems fixed now ...

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That’s great news, @j.haguet. We have deployed the fix for the reported issue. In case of any further assistance, feel free to drop a note here and we would be happy to help! 

Cheers. :) 

Hey 

I was facing the same issue.

When I tried to embed video in my post https://thelightroomapk.com/lightroom-mod-apk-for-pc/ , I faced same issue but now it’s solved

When I tried to embed video in my post https://alightmotionpro.net/ I faced same issue but now it’s solved

how you can solved it ?

Hello! It's frustrating to hear that Edge is deleting the HTML code for your Vimeo-hosted video when you edit your articles. Have you tried using a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox, to see if the issue persists? Another potential workaround could be to use a different video editing software, such as Alight Motion, and then upload the finished video directly to your website. Hopefully, you'll find a solution that works for you soon!

The encountered problem might indeed stem from the Pixelcut App. To address this, conduct a thorough analysis of compatibility factors and potential clashes that could be hindering the harmonious integration of videos. By resolving these aspects, you can enhance the editing process, ensuring an uninterrupted and streamlined experience.

It seems like you're facing a problem when editing articles with Vimeo-hosted videos in Edge browser. This issue has been replicated on two different workstations/accounts. Here are steps you can take to address the problem:

1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, browser cache and cookies can cause issues with how web pages are displayed and interacted with. Try clearing the cache and cookies of your Edge browser and see if that resolves the problem.

2. Update Your Browser: Ensure that you're using the latest version of the Edge browser. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that might address compatibility issues.

For more info visit this website - Blackpink The Game Apk.

Greetings! It's disheartening to learn that Edge is causing your Vimeo-hosted video's HTML code to be deleted during article editing. Have you considered experimenting with an alternative browser like Chrome or Firefox to see if this problem persists? Alternatively, exploring different video editing software, like Cutout Pro, and subsequently uploading the finalized video directly to your website might offer a viable solution. Here's to finding a suitable fix for your situation swiftly!

Greetings! It's disheartening to learn that Edge is causing your Vimeo-hosted video's HTML code to be deleted during article editing. Have you considered experimenting with an alternative browser like Chrome or Firefox to see if this problem persists? Alternatively, exploring different video editing software, like tris de hoy and subsequently uploading the finalized video directly to your website might offer a viable solution. Here's to finding a suitable fix for your situation swiftly!