Email Notifications not working from Freshdesk

I have created a ticket on this; their email server appears to not be sending mail.

This topic has been closed for comments

35 replies

Hi Harish.  Thanks for responding.  I'm glad to see someone's there!

Your second response is helpful -- the CC notifications look new (perhaps a result of Anna pushing it with development?).  I've just changed those.  Still a workaround for part of the real problem, but progress anyway.

Regarding your first response, not really helpful: You just said we can do what we're already doing to compensate for the problems of the "Can see all tickets from this company" feature.   Marc Hall described that problem when he created this topic 4 years ago, and I and others have seconded the problem.   

The "Can see all tickets from this company" feature should obviously send that person email notifications of activity on those tickets.  Can you please fix that?   Dispatch'r rules are cool, but a really inconvenient workaround.

Still no respon on email addrs about my support ticket to get verification code on my account ethereum forgot pasword....pls help

Get this...
On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Freshdesk Support
<support@freshdesk.com> wrote:

Status update in topic

Email Notifications not working from Freshdesk

The problem has been marked as Solved.

Glad to see Freshdesk is looking at this again! But "Solved" when this ticket clearly shows otherwise?

--> Anna, or Harish, or whoever marked this Solved: What has Freshdesk done to solve this?

(Harish's response was an awkward workaround at best, not Anna's update, and definitely not "Solving" the problem.)

To recap the problem again:
The "Can see all tickets from this company" feature should obviously send that person email notifications of activity on those tickets. Can you please fix that?

But if you really meant a status of "Can no longer be bothered with this ticket", please just be honest about that so we can all move on

2018-03-25 00:00:41.882 H=o10.email.freshdesk.com [167.89.69.61]:15669 I=[185.x.x.x]:25 rejected EHLO or HELO o10.email.freshdesk.com: Your message was rejected because o10.email.freshdesk.com [167.89.69.61]:15669 is blacklisted at bl.spamcop.net see Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?167.89.69.61 for an explanation

Seems your mail servers are on RBL blacklists, that's why emails aren't working.  

Time to move on and find a new service provider... If you can't provide reliable email, how on earth can you provide reliable customer support... 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Chris: The Ips getting listed on RBL blacklists is something that's out of our control but we do have monitoring systems that alert us as soon as an IP gets blocked. We would immediately request for delisting the IP and also route the emails through a different IP.

The IP has been delisted from spamcop now. You can check the information here : https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=167.89.69.61

Cheers!

Hi,

Verification emails and any other emails are not sending from freshdesk. Even our admin email has not been verified because the verification email was not received from freshdesk.

Kindly investigate and help out.

Same here...no notifications all day.

It was working correctly yesterday.

Badge +2

This seems to be back

Badge +2

Same Issue

Indeed looks to be back - I started a new topic: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/322318

Hopefully to get a resolution soon.