Question

Email server error when sending notification to requester after agent reply

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yesterday I received this error message “Email rejected due to an unexpected error. Please try again after sometime.” I tried again today and received the same error message.

At this time, I received this error only for two different email addresses under the .de (Germany) domain. I can send email to theses adresses from a GMail account.

Any explanation or solution to this issue. Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Jean,

Thank you for reaching out to Freshworks Community.

Seems like you are facing issues with sending emails from your helpdesk. Can you quickly help us with a screenshot of the error message which you are receiving along with the requester’s email address so that we could check the email delivery logs from our end right away and let you know what exactly the issue is?

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

Thank you for your reply­. I’ll send it to you in a private message.

Jean

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Jean,

Thank you for helping us with the screenshot. Upon checking, it looks like the email was bounced in the recipient’s mailbox due to the following reason - 

Reason: "550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
550 invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record"

Since we do not have access to the recipient mailservers, you could share the above reason with the recipient’s IT team or the team which manages their mail server, who should be able to use the SMTP-ID to trace the email from the mail server and find out the reason for this email being bounced and not delivered.

SMTP ID - 6347f9acd8512_1b92ad28b8bc92c19088d1.sidekiq-frequent-fd-poduseast1-free-green-dfdfddbf5-724qh@email.freshdesk.com

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for your report and your help. Appreciated!

Jean.