Question

Emails to clients to set up accounts

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a client that says his customers are getting emails prompting them to click a URL to activate an account. When I click on the link it takes me to a page to log in to the Support Portal. We would like to know why some customers get this email and why is it taking them to an option to sign up for FreshDesk. It is very confusing for the customers. The customers have no reason to sign up for the support portal.  Any idea why this is happening? It was not previously happening.

3 replies

Heh, I’m confused- how does one of our customers create a ticket before creating an account ? In order to login to the helpdesk to create a ticket, you need an account.

Don’t you ?

Badge

This is a horrible user experience. Having individual users login/activate their account is not acceptable. We need an administrative way to activate these accounts for our users!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @DUTSEY 

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

When a new user creates a ticket, you can create a customer account in your helpdesk for them and send out an activation email. This notification should contain the activation URL for your customers. You can prevent this by toggling on/off this notification under Admin → email notifications → Requester notifications → User Activation Email.

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further queries :)