Solved

Embed or Import PDF into Knowledge Base

• 16 November 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I embed an existing PDF into a knowledge base article. We have many pdfs created and redoing them is not an option.

I have seen articles referencing  using the html editor and the embed tag. How exactly would that work when these articles are saved locally and not an any public website?

Thanks,

Phil

icon

Best answer by onemoreroti 11 September 2023, 12:30

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @philadler, I hope you are doing well today. For your requirements, did you try uploading the PDF using the attach option?

Attach files

You can make use of this option to add files upto 20 MB. Do you think this will help?

The PDF does not show up in the widget. How can I solve that? Below a screenshot of the same solution in the portal and in the widget. In the widget the PDF is not visible.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

*following* as we will be using the solutions articles soon - and this would be a huge help if we could embed existing pdfs

Badge +1

Hi,

“Following” too I need to upload a LibreOffice odp file to the soltions area.

Retyping and re adding the images would take too long.

Any tips welome.

Badge +1

Hi,

“Following” too I need to upload a LibreOffice odp file to the soltions area.

Retyping and re adding the images would take too long.

Any tips welome.

You can use compress method to compress images and pdf to reduce the size and upload easily.

Badge +1

Thanks Marryhussaim.

I really need to upload the odp file. A pdf will be my last resort.

*following* as we will be using the solutions articles soon - and this would be a huge help if we could embed existing pdfs on alight motion mod apk unlocked

Same we are also waiting for the solution to embed our existing pdf as soon as possible. Now to write that pdf document again is a huge time taking.

This functionality would be a major benefit to our organization as we currently have most of our articles external because of the inability to embed PDFs into FreshService knowledgebase.

It came as a bummer to see that freshdesk does not allow uploading and embedding pdfs in the solutions section of the knowledge base. It wastes a lot of my team’s time while copying stuff from pdf and pasting it on the solution’s widget, adding images and reformatting the whole document. 

I will appreciate getting this feature soon.

Badge

hi,

I have embedded a PDF by using this HTML code via an Iframe. Just click on the code block, paste the code below and replace the “linkofpdf” text with your (online) file location. Must be stored online ofcourse.

<iframe src="linkofpdf" width="50%" height="500px"></iframe>

Badge

Embedding existing PDFs into a knowledge base article using the HTML editor is a smart approach. You can use the <embed> tag with the local file path of the PDF. However, keep in mind that this might not work for everyone viewing the article. To ensure broader accessibility, you could consider uploading the PDFs to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox, generating shareable links, and then using those links in the <embed> tag. This way, your PDFs can be easily viewed by readers without relying solely on local files. Hope this helps! 📎📄

Badge

@Sandra2000 I read about above thing in article by KoreanPanda

What innovative methods and gamification features can I employ to craft a captivating typing speed challenge that keeps users coming back for more?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

To embed an existing PDF into a knowledge base article, you can typically use the following steps:

Upload the PDF to a file storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox.
2. Generate a shareable link for the PDF.
3. In your knowledge base article, use the appropriate HTML or Markdown code to embed the PDF using an iframe or similar embed code, using the shareable link from step 2.

This way, you can seamlessly integrate your existing PDFs into your knowledge base without the need to recreate them. Be sure to check your knowledge base platform's documentation for specific instructions on embedding content.