Solved

Enable calibrators to send in FAQ via kbase e-mail

• 29 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

I have a customer that want more than just agents be able to send in FAQ using the kbase e-mail. 
Is there a solution for that? 

I was hoping calibrators could do that as well but no. 
I was asked by the partner support to create a SR here on the forum. 

icon

Best answer by aravind.sundararajan 30 September 2022, 12:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @daniel.soderlund  

The email-to-kbase feature is available only for agents. At the moment, this cannot be extended to users or collaborators. It would be interesting to know the use case of allowing users to create knowledge base articles as this would increase the workload of the Content managers/KBase admins.

We can still make this work using a creative workaround that would involve automation and APIs. Here's how you can configure the automation rule:

• Create an automation that checks for a specific keyword in the subject line - For example, Kbase. You can instruct the users to send the content in an email or use the portal form to submit a ticket with the keyword in the subject line.

• Instead of forwarding the email to kbase@yourcompanyname.freshdesk.com address, you can use the API to create a draft article using an existing agent's API key. You can use dynamic placeholders like {{ticket.contact.name}} and {{ticket.description}} to populate the content of the article. 

Hope this helps!