Question

Error when editing an automation rule

• 15 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I got an error “Check the rule configuration” when trying to edit “start_date” and “due_date” in an automation rule that already exists and has been edited hundreds of times.

It started on 8th April, 2022.

Prior to that, I have been editing the rule every morning and I’ve never got this error.

Can anyone tell what is going on?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @ops-sapporo, good day! 

As far as we’ve seen, the error is thrown if any fields are left blank. Since you have mentioned that you edit it frequently, I believe that should not be the case here. We had a few other customers report earlier this week at they were facing the same error when webhook was one of the actions in the automation rule. 

May I know if that’s the case here? If so, can you DM us the x-request ID when you are updating the automation rule by following the steps mentioned here?

Quick Tip: If trigger webhook is one of the actions, try deleting it, saving and re-adding it to the same rule :) 

Looking forward to helping you !

Badge

Thank you, Keer.

I will get the x-request ID thing and let you know.

Hi,

I got an error “Check the rule configuration” when trying to edit “start_date” and “due_date” in an automation rule that already exists and has been edited hundreds of times.

It started on 8th April, 2022.

Prior to that, I have been editing the rule every morning and I’ve never got this error.

Can anyone tell what is going on?

Hi, Don’t worry it not a big issue. You have just lefted a field blank due to which it showing this error. Yesterday my employee of vice city apk facing the same issue. When I checked and analyze so he lefted a minor field blank due to which he was facing this issue. So dually check all the fields.

Badge

In my case, it doesn’t seem to be the same problem...

The rule which I’ve been working on is the existing rule - not newly created one.

For example, if I just try to rename the rule, this error occurs. I don’t touch any other fields.