Exporting/importing articles for translation

• 16 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Currently evaluating how Freshdesk works and looking at translations for solutions articles. 

I'd like to have a proper workflow around translations, using an external tool. This would involve either connecting the external tool to Freshdesk or exporting articles in the master language so they can be translated, then reimporting the translated files. 

Is this possible?

At the moment, I can see two apps aimed at translations: Localise, which looks like a proxy solution - the translations are part of their system and not in Freshdesk; and OneSky, which looks more like what I'm looking for, but it's not clear.

Our current tool is Transifex, which also claims to integrate with Freshdesk but offers a proxy solution for this rather than using the functionality of Freshdesk. Transifex would also support standard translation of a file.

My questions: how does the OneSky integration work? Is it possible to import/export articles for translation? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

The OneSky workflow seems to rely on exporting from Freshdesk to OneSky, translating, then reimporting the localized content back into Freshdesk. There doesn't appear any two way automatic sync, unfortunately. See: https://www.freshworks.com/apps/freshdesk/onesky_translation_services