Feature Request: SLA Reminder time/Resolution time escalation to be based on the priority feature request

• 23 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Currently, the SLA Policy requires you use one reminder time and escalation time for every priority type. 

For example, the first response reminder has to be the same for Urgent as well as Low Priority tickets.  But this results in a poor compromise for all priorities.  For example:

• If 1st response is 30 minutes, then this is good for Urgent tickets (which have a 1st response commit of 1 hour) but not a very practical warning for a Medium or Low priority ticket.

I would like to have different SLA response times for each priority.  For example:

• Urgent Pri 1st response reminder: 30 min
  • High Pri 1st response reminder: 1 hr
  • Medium Pri 1st response reminder: 6 hr
  • Low Pri 1st response reminder: 1 day

Likewise, I would like to have different lead times for following:

• Next response reminder
  • Resolution target reminder
  • First response target
  • Resolution target

p.s.  The “Submit Idea” button is not working and I no longer see “Freshdesk Ideas” in the list of options for “Sub forum”

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Steve!

Thanks for sharing your insightful thoughts with us. At the moment, this is not possible as such but we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature being picked up. As a workaround, you can configure multiple SLA policies within Freshdesk so that you can decide to receive reminders specific to each SLA policy and priority.

Please check out the article below to get detailed insights on the same: 
https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/37630-configuring-multiple-sla-policies

With regards to the ‘Submit Idea’ button, it has been fixed. :) 

Cheers,

Freshdesk Community Team

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

That's an interesting workaround but I think it would only work if “Priority” was an option as one of the Conditions set at the top of the SLA.  Also would need to disable 3 of the 4 priorities in each SLA so that they don’t trigger and do not result in generating invalid SLA compliance reports.

Below is my workaround for now.  Maybe it may help others to do the same...

I developed a set of Time trigger automations for each priority and trigger as follows.  

As a side benefit, this solution also addressed a need I had to escalate to group (current SLA actions just have “Notify Assigned Agent” and not “Notify Assigned Group” )

Configured in SLA Configured in Automation
Priority Recipient 1st Response Resolved 1st Response Resolved
Low Agent 3d 21d 30m (SLA) + 24h 2h (SLA) + 96h
Low Group None None 4h 48h
Medium Agent 1d 7d 30m (SLA) + 2h 2h (SLA) + 48h
Medium Group None None 1h 24h
High Agent 4h 3d 30m (SLA) + 1h 2h (SLA) + 24h
High Group None None 30m 4h
Urgent Agent 1h 8h 30m (SLA) 2h (SLA)
Urgent Group None None 15m 1h

Proper support for this capability in the SLA Policies in FreshDesk would be greatly appreciated!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @stevemc, thank you for sharing your workaround with us. It indeed would be helpful for others. The ability to send notifications to the group has already been raised as a feature request and we’d be sure to add your insights to the same as well. 

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your findings with us and please continue to do the same. 

Thanks and have a great day!