Solved

Filter contacts by custom text fields using filters

• 11 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I see in the contact or company search filters, only fields that are dropdown can be added to search criterial.  I have a field custom fields I’d like to build search filters for.  is this possible?

here are the filters I see

icon

Best answer by Keer 12 April 2021, 06:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @stevemc, good day! In the conatct filters section, besides custom drop-down fields, you would also be able to filter by custom checkbox and custom number fields as well.  

You can also use Filter Contact API as mentioned here to achieve the same and the below are the fields supported: 

Filter contact API - Supported fields

We do understand that it would be helpful to filter the contacts using other fields and we’ve already logged this as a feature request at our end and we’ll be sure share the updates when it’s live. 

I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks.  That helps.  I’ll just need to re-formulate text fields to dropdown lists if I need to allow filtering on them.  Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Sure, @stevemc If you need any further assistance, you can write to support@freshdesk.com and our support buddies would be glad to help as always :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Keer would you have an update on this feature request? I need to be able to filter contacts by a custom text field.