Question

Filter using a single-line & Multi-line text field in the Analytics

• 31 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Dear Fresh desk Team, 

We were given hope that we will be able to fulfill all our requirements from the Analytics of Fresh desk. But it is really very sad, that the Tool is unable to pull out the data which are filled in the single-line & Multi-line text fields. I have seen many posts on the community page where the answers are like “ this feature being picked up and will keep you posted herewith any progress on the same” from past 4 months. We have recently upgraded to the PRO Plan mainly for this reporting purposes, but Fresh desk had failed to provide 100% support. 

This is like “Fresh desk Tool is supporting analytic part but cant fulfill customer requirement”.

Would request the concern to look into this feature asap and do the needful by fixing the gap.

Regards,

Senthil

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Badge +6

Hi Senthil,

We are happy to inform you that support for single-line text fields in now available in Freshdesk Analytics. Please check out this post for more details. 

Badge +2

I have just come off a support chat, and I am advised that it is NOT POSSIBLE to filter on Text (single line or multi-line) fields in Analytics.

Scenario: I want to add a url as a text field in a ticket and filter a widget based on whether this is present. It is unbelievable that this is has been overlooked. The Text fields can be seen in the underlying data but as far as the widget is concerned, it would contain ALL cases whether the field contains data or not.

Suggestion: Please allow filtering on Text fields where data is present (or not) or on partial matches for words or sentences.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Senthil1323 ,

Welcome to the Freshworks Community!

To add to the current thread, we understand your concern here, and as promised this is an incoming feature set to release in the upcoming roadmap.

In the meantime, we recommend you to check out the new Third-party app, Good Data that will support your use case; please refer to the following links. 

GoodData and Freshdesk integration

GoodData-Freshdesk Integration Video

Good Data supports the usage of Single-line text fields; here is a video for reference.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/VDZ4C3eW9HnuKr4CgqEZLL?

We will be rolling this out in analytics; this could be a suitable work-around if the use-case is pressing to your current Support Operations.

Please feel free to get back to us in case of any clarifications, we will be happy to help.

Cheers!

Hi folks, 

Happy to inform you that single line text fields can be used as part of underlying data and as part of data exports. 

Cheers!