Forward to kbase not working

• 24 October 2012
  • 9 replies

When I "Forward" a ticket to the Solutions folder, it does not work. However, if I "Reply" and add the the kbase address as a CC, then it does show up in the drafts folder. Why does "forward" not work?

Here is what does not work:

1) In a ticket, click on "Forward"

2) Enter kbase@mycompany.freshdesk.com in the "To" field

3) Click on the "Forward" button below the message.

Here is what does work:

1) In a ticket, click on "Reply"

2) Click on "Add Cc"

3) Enter kbase@mycomany.freshdesk.com in the "Cc" field

4) Click "Send" button below the message

I need the forwarding to work also.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Hello Matt,

I've recently tested this feature out and I'm able to see that its working fine now. Can you please confirm things are working in your account as well?

Thanks,

Sudha

It's working !!! Thumbs up !!!

So to me, this is a bug, not a feature request.  I have already opened a ticket on this and received a reply but I wanted to make it public in the forum.

As usual, the answer is "not available right now, but will be in future updates".  Man, getting tired of hearing that....
Hi Eric

I understand the frustration, but we've build the Email to Kbase function only for CC or BCC and not for FORWARDING mechanism. Forwarding in Freshdesk was recently introduced - 2-3 months back and hence we didn't implement this option yet.

I cannot promise an ETA but will raise it with the dev team for implementation

Most of the features are run through the team and only based on Customer votes, we take up the features. I am sorry if some of the features that you raised are not in our immediate priority list but we will address them one by one

regards
Vijay
It would be great to allow forward so we can send in articles from outside freshdesk

Hi,

Is there any news or update on this feature. 

The forwarding to kbase is still not working and it would be a great feature. 

We have lot of customer reading about kbase feature on your web site with the promise that the forward and CC is possible and once they try, only CC is working. 

If there is nothing under the hood now, please could you at least update your article to clarify how this feature is working.

Thank you for your feedback.

Stefan

Hi Stefan

No, we've not taken this up and only REPLY or COMPOSE will send the Content to Solutions

regards
Vijay

Hi Vijay, 

Thank you for your message. Ok for the REPLY. This is working.

Question: 

When you write 'COMPOSE' you mean when an agent creates a new ticket? Otherwise I do not see such button in Freshdesk.

Suggestion:

Also, my comment was more about the wording in the solution article Capture existing knowledge from email which explains that it is possible to "Just forward a copy of your email to your Freshdesk Knowledge Base and your new solution is ready as a draft for you to review and post." This is quite confusing from communication point of view for readers as only the BCC field is working. 

Sincerely, 

Stefan

This remains an issue. Please add the ability to FORWARD existing emails to the knowledge base.