Forwarding Emails to Existing TIckets

Is there a way to send an email to add comments to an existing freshdesk ticket?

This topic has been closed for comments

73 replies

Hello,

I want to ask have you tried the [#123] because i think it will open a new ticket anyway?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hello Graham,

By default, the ticket threading requires the user to be a part of the ticket for the replies to get appended . Though not a recommended solution, we have an option that can help you specifically in this case. Drop us a note if you would like to explore the option!

Cheers!

Userlevel 1

Hi Pablo,

If you are dealing with select vendors ( 3rd party operators ) , you can create a company record and specify their domain name in the profile. This would make sure that any email from the domain ( irrespective of the user already registered in the system or not ) will be threaded to the correct ticket in the helpdesk.

Let me know if your business case involves dealing with unknown vendors or third party systems that are not limited to a certain number .

Cheers!

I would like to be able to do this as well.  Can someone fwd me the solution?

Thanks!

Hello Aravind,

Please send to me too the solution please...

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hello Chris & Guillaume,

Did you get a chance to review my latest comment on the thread? Will that be helpful in your case?

Cheers!

Hello Aravind,

Please PM me the best solution aswell. We have customers with multiple domains. Sometimes a customer answers from his home mail so we really want to have the ticket ID in subject as the only threading criteria.

We don't see any issue in opening a ticket thread to anyone who can read the mail...

Thanks

It doesn't have to do with a vendor we just want to add replies to the correct ticket as the above post states as well

Userlevel 1

Hello Thomas and Chris,

I've sent you emails requesting for some information . Once it is verified, I can get the feature enabled for your helpdesk.

Cheers!

Hi Aravind,

What feature are you talking about?. Is it the ability to see all company ticket?.

We still have the problem on our side, where certain emails are not properly connected to the right tickets.

Thanks,

Pablo.

Userlevel 1

Hi Pablo,

The option "Can View all tickets from the company" enables the user to access all tickets by logging on to the portal. However, in order to get the emails or replies threaded, it would happen by default if both the users are listed under the same company record in Freshdesk.

Say, you're sending the email to a common address support@somedomain.com and if the reply comes in from an individual user , persona@somedomain.com , in order to get the reply threaded to the ticket, you can create a company record in Freshdesk and list the domain name . Irrespective of whether it is an existing user or a new user who has never contacted Freshdesk, the emails would be threaded as long as they are sending it from the domain email.

Cheers!

Thanks Aravind, I was aware of that.

Is it possible to automatically create the company record with the domain "somedomain.com"?. To avoid the intermediate manual step required.

The other possible solution would be that Freshdesk automatically threads emails with the ticket number in the subject, regardless of company membership.

Are either of these possible?

Userlevel 1

Hi Pablo,

Unfortunately, there are no easy options to create a company record with the domain name . You can probably give the company import via CSV option a try in case if you're working with known set of vendors .

We can explore the other option too. I've dropped you an email regarding this and we shall take this discussion incognito as it would involve some private information.

Cheers!

Is there a way to send an email to add comments to an existing freshdesk ticket?

Userlevel 1

Hello Jamsin,

You can forward the email to the helpdesk with the ticket ID reference in the subject line. As an agent,I can forward any email to the helpdesk in case if I have the ticket ID reference in this format - > [#ticketid]

Cheers!

hello Aravind, can you send me an email as well.

We have only some minor syff but frustrates the hell out of the admin guy assigning the tickets

Userlevel 1

Hello Rahmses,

One of our support heroes will get in touch with you shortly.

Cheers!

Is there an official page on how to "inject" threads inside of existing tickets?  I tried to follow the 4 pages of conversation in this forum, but it wasn't too clear how to proceed as there were many people asking for similar things but not identical things./  I had an agent reply from his email account to another ticket and it was posted as a public comment./  we would like to only have private comments posted (or rather, "injected".

Userlevel 1

Hi Jay,

By default, any replies/forwards from an agent to an existing thread will always create public notes on the ticket. The only case where the agent responses might get tagged as private is when he/she replies to a private note notification.

In order to inject private notes, you might want to explore the option of using email commands 

Cheers!

@Aravind - is it possible to only have private notes added to tickets from agents? This is extremely important for us, as we email other agents frequently to ask for additional information, but sometimes this information needs to stay internal. Again, this is very important to our internal workflow. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 1

Hello Jay,

You can use the email commands option to add a private note on a ticket from the agent's mailbox. A sample email command is listed below,

@Simonsays "action":"note" @Simonsays

Hi, this is the private note content

Cheers!

Hi. Please send me the email as well. We have a client with an auto reply on their email, and I want the reply added to the ticket. Currently it creates a new ticket.

Hi. Can you send me the email as well please? We have a client with an auto reply, and I want the reply to be added to the ticket. Currently a new ticket is created.

Hello Arvind, we are struggling with the same issue of new tickets being created by external email addresses responding to a note or reply. Can I please have the fix emailed to me also.

Userlevel 1

@Hermanand Kallen: In case if the contact is listed under the same company as the original ticket requester, the response would get threaded to the same ticket. Can you please check if that helps in your case?

Cheers!