Question

Forwarding -> Private Note -> Conversation

Badge +1

Hello,

when we work with 3rd party support teams (outside the organization) we use the forwarding function. That works.

They we do get a reply from the 3rd party and it get’s added as a private note to the existing ticket. That works as well.

But now we want to reply to the 3rd party as we might not be happy with the solution or we have ongoing conversation to this topic:

• I cannot reply to a private note
  • I can use forwarding, but the private information will not be added and so the mail is missing the conversation.

Beside the fact, that of course an API would solve all these issues - how do you work with 3rd Party companies and the issue mentioned above?

Best Reagrds

Linus

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Linus,

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

“I cannot reply to a private note”

We do have an option to reply to a private note within Freshdesk. Could you please try hovering on the private note and let us know if you were able to find the reply option?

HUUqHS9ESQ64H0cCo9puEOGdL-JFR74cBRKbDwhrIyeUHaNqq09Dq-Fs7q-FxDfvPTOMRUh5YdbORxkxbvL2OsQHInkANSwZmWmc0nV_h6fo5tfJBhPW2txqTPx5nJI7yrRGpMC_uEHjRjbOKu0

Cheers,

Aishvarya.

Badge +1

Hello,

I do not have this option:

I cannot reply to private notes.

Linus

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Linus,

By default all the private notes added to a ticket would have a yellow background. Could you please confirm if you are trying to reply to a private or public note? Also please help us with the full page screenshot of the ticket details page to identify the issue here.

Badge +1

Hello,

as i have the same problem, i found this thread and would like to know if there is a solution and if this is a bug. I have a ticket which was forwarded to different 3rd party stakeholders and when they reply, this reply is added as a private note to the ticket, fine. But sometimes i have no button to reply to that private note? There is only a button to split the ticket

Any help or information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ramon

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Linus Linder ,

Good day to you!

I understand your concern. The best practice to communicate with your third party vendors is to add them as “Collaborators” in Freshdesk.

They won’t be able to see any tickets or anything unless you’ve mentioned their name on a ticket. 

It’s free to add collaborators in Freshdesk. You can add up to 5000 Collaborators.

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003573-how-to-set-up-collaborators-

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply but in all honesty, I still don’t know if this is a bug or something else. If I change every contact we have from a 3rd party to collaborator we will face other problems, i am sure. For instance, searching for a collaborator via the global search field does not yield any results in the contacts area, because it is a collaborator and not a contact. So if I just want to display all the tickets from this collaborator as a requester, i have to do a major detour and i have no timeline like with a normal contact.

Badge +1

Hello, I’ll check the functionality with the Contributors.

I’ll let you know our observations…

Linus

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Reymon, 

Did you give a try to threads yet ? 

https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000005481-organize-internal-conversations-with-threads

Badge +1

@Jebas 

This feature is just avalibel in FreshDesk - not in FreshService. Unfortunately.

Any chance to get this feature also in FreshService?