FreshBooks Integration

• 3 April 2013
  • 2 replies

How is the integration with FreshBooks working for you?

If you're not familiar with the integration, here is Freshdesk's intro to it.

For me, having a help desk solution integrated into my time tracking solution is critical to my business. We get bored of data entry, especially when there are people who made amazing APIs to help us.

I've requested a new feature; it has to do with contractors. When I started with FreshDesk I thought it would let my contractors bill time via the integration. I was wrong and had to upgrade to the FreshBooks maximum plan so I could have the ability to have FreshBooks Staff. Staff can bill hours against a ticket via the Freshdesk to FreshBooks integration. Here's the ticket if you want to make it more popular or follow it as well: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/16741

How have you customized the Notes Text on the integration screen?

The default notes only passes the ticket ID to FreshBooks. I want to pass the ticket ID, Subject, Status, Priority, and URL... I wasn't successful in doing this, maybe my syntax was wrong...

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey Thomas,

Thank you for coming forward and posting this detailed information here. Much appreciated. I am sure other users will find this extremely useful 

We are really glad to see the level of involvement in our Forums. 

Thanks again, please keep such posts coming in :)

Annapoorna 

Hey Thomas,

Apart from the Ticket ID, you should be able to pass on any other ticket information to FreshBooks. 

For example, if you would like to pass on the subject and ticket priority to FreshBooks, did you try updating the 'Notes Text' section with {{ticket.subject}} and {{ticket.priority}} ?

This should solve what you are looking for. Feel free to write back if you still face some issues.

Regards,

Sugan