Freshdesk API for ticket_activities - Need clarity !!

• 23 October 2018
  • 11 replies

Hi, for a custom report export, we have a and API endpoint "ticket_activities" which basically show us the change log of all tickets.

I need to know the following:

1. How many activities can be received as response ?

2. Is it Paginated ?

3. What are the possible fields which will be part of response, for consumption on client side ?

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Aditya,

With the ticket activities export, you can obtain all the activities performed in a day. The data wouldn't be paginated and you can feed it directly in your BI tool. 

You can refer to this article to know more about the fields available in the export and the response JSON format.

Cheers!

Thanks Aravind.

Since it is not paginated, I am assuming that between the time period (as in the response) it responses with ALL the activities for each ticket,  for the same time frame ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Aditya,

The activities will be grouped based on the time of execution and not based on the ticket #.

Cheers! 

Correct. I framed my question wrong.

So in that time frame whatever activities happened (on any ticket), will be the response. Is this assumption making sense ?

If yes, then do you limit the number of activities ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Yes, Aditya. You're right!

All ticket activities that happen in a day should be available for you in the activities export.

Cheers!

Thanks. 

And what range of fields can one expect in response ? Is it dynamic ?

Where can I find the complete set of possible fields, in the response ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Aditya, You can refer to this article to know more about the fields available in the export and the response JSON format.

@Aravind, I've gone through the article, and it does not provide information of all possible fields.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Sorry, Aditya. The article gives you a sample snapshot of what you'll get in the export. It's difficult to list all the activities that are captured as they are huge in number. You can be assured that anything that you see in Show activities section on the UI will be covered in the export.

Cheers!

Thanks. I got the complete list from Freshdesk team via mail.
We can close this thread.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Aditya,

It'd be great if you can share the list with the community here ;)

Cheers!