Question

Freshdesk emails not been delivered to some clients

• 3 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We came across an issue that some emails were not delivered to some of our clients.

3 emails were not delivered to 3 different clients.

1 of the clients said that the email was in his spam folder but the other 2 said that they never received them. 

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi!

Welcome to Freshworks Community! 

A large number of factors influence the successful delivery of emails. These can be due to issues such as an incorrect domain, an invalid email address, or problems with server connectivity. 

You mentioned one of the emails landed in customer’s spam folder. As a precaution, I recommend you to enable DKIM in your account. DKIM generates a signature, which is attached to the message while in transit, to verify the authenticity of the message source. 

Hence no one can send emails impersonating your organisation and support emails sent by Freshdesk on your behalf will not get marked as spam.

You can refer the following solution article for the steps: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/228151-how-do-i-enable-dkim-for-my-email-domain-

Feel free to drop a note if you face any challenges!

Badge +1

Hi @gkperikles 

For the emails getting marked as SPAM, we request you to kindly configure DKIM for the email domains that use our Freshdesk Server.

You can follow the steps mentioned here in setting up DKIM. In case you have any queries, we would be happy to help.

Email Delivery in Freshdesk: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/folders/273389

And for the emails that didn't reach them, please feel free to DM your Freshdesk account URL, which would be in the format yourcompanyname.freshdesk.com , the recipient's email address, and the timestamp. We would be able to check the email delivery logs from our end.

Can we use Gmail accounts or can we use institutional accounts for emails? I have one given by our coaching center.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @gkperikles 

For the emails getting marked as SPAM, we request you to kindly configure DKIM for the email domains that use our Freshdesk Server.

You can follow the steps mentioned here in setting up DKIM. In case you have any queries, we would be happy to help.

Email Delivery in Freshdesk: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/folders/273389

And for the emails that didn't reach them, please feel free to DM your Freshdesk account URL, which would be in the format yourcompanyname.freshdesk.com , the recipient's email address, and the timestamp. We would be able to check the email delivery logs from our end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks @foxcubmama for your inputs and supporting! :) 

@gkperikles - Please let me know if your query was resolved!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

We had this same issue when we started using freshdesk - because the emails come from “support” at your company name. We decided to sent out an email to all of our customers to ‘whitelist’ our support email addresses.

And when we run into this issue after sending the email blast (some customers just dont read our emails🤷‍♀️) the customer 98% of the time finds our email in their spam and then approves us moving forward!

Hope that helps 😁