Question

Freshdesk Reporting

• 12 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello! So we are getting pretty hounded on reporting and I just had a question for this situation.

I was wondering does reporting for First response time start when assigned to any group or agent? Or, does the timer start for each specific agent or group assigned?

i.e.

Ticket comes in after business hours so it goes to an After hours group → at 8 am the service desk team grabs the ticket and responds immediately → If the first response technically did not come until 6-7 hours after ticket creation, but did come immediately after assigning to a new group. Does the service desk group get hurt with a 6-7 hour first response time? Or is it a fresh timer when assigned to a new group?

Any and all answers are appreciated :)

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Dear @MikeStadlman, good day. I hope you are doing well:)

Regarding your concern, the first response time is calculated based on the time the Agent takes to respond to a ticket the first time. In your case, even if a ticket gets assigned to an agent during the Non-business hour, the time would start ticking only at the start of the Agent's business hours.
Also, the First response time is calculated based on the SLA you set in your account. The default time would be 15 minutes.

For instance, if the business hours are from 8 AM to 5 PM and the ticket is assigned to Agent A around 6 AM, then the timer would start only at 8 AM. This is the default behavior of the product. 

If another agent picks up the ticket and responds to it out of business hours, the FR time will not be affected as it ultimately depends on the SLA you set up.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries feel free to DM your requirement I'd be happy to help:)

Happy Freshdesking!!