Question

Freshdesk Search field moves on page load

• 29 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’m often going to Freshdesk to search for a ticket number listed in our other systems, like ‘12345’.

I go to the Freshdesk site and immediately click the search field to paste the copied number.

But while loading, the search field is being moved by other icons in the top menu bar, so I miss-click and click those other icons instead. 

I understand that profile icons etc. by standard is right-most, but the search field might be one of the most used features. Can you find a way for it to not move while loading? You _could_ move the search field right-most and then any icon and other stuff to the left of it. It wouldn’t be “standard”. But if would be better… :-)

Or just don’t show the search field until loaded. I’d dread this solution, but it would stop me from clicking something that is moving :-)

First load - still loading the page
First load - page load is finished and Search field has moved

2 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone know if any FreshWorks employees is watching these forums? :-)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SvendK,

Greetings from the Freshworks community!

I understand that the change in position of search bar is not very convenient for you when the page loads. Yes, when other icon loads fully, the bar would be moved to left to adjust with the icons. Unfortunately, as of now, we do not have an option to change the icon/bar positioning at the top. However, I understand your concern here. You can post this in our Ideas section and our Engineering team could take this up as a Feature Request ;)

https://community.freshworks.com/ideas

Cheers!