Solved

Freshdesk seems to not sending emails

• 2 September 2021
  • 41 replies

Userlevel 1

Freshdesk seems to not sending emails anymore from our account, since few days ago. Any clues?

icon

Best answer by hemanth.ramya 16 September 2021, 14:16

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @Adriano, upon checking we see that there are no outgoing email blocks for your account and from the logs we could see the mails are being delivered. Is the mail delivery failing for specific cases?

In that case, if you could share a couple of samples we’d be able to check this further and help. Can you confirm?  

Userlevel 1

Hi @Keer

Thanks for the reply. Indeed we have lots of users telling us they are not receiving the emails at all. We did some tests (creating tickets, interacting with them) and… nothing! For example, I created a ticket under my personal e-mail and… nothing. What kind of checklist you woul recommend for us regarding  Freshdesk's setup and config.
BTW: as a sender we are using (as we always did) an email of a Google Workspace account.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your insights, @Adriano.

Can you please check if you are able to send out emails from your helpdesk now and the users receive them? Also, we suggest you configure DKIM in your helpdesk to ensure proper email delivery and tomake your organization capable of authenticating the communication between you and your customers. Article to get detailed insights on configuring the same. 

Cheers,

Freshworks Community Team

Hi @hemanth.ramya,

I have tested the delivery and it worked just fine now.

Could you share with us what was the problem?
We’ve looked every configuration and found nothing that could limit the mail delivery system.

Userlevel 1

Hi @hemanth.ramya , thanks! As @brunopetropouleas has reported, it's working again! We just need to understand why exactly was the issue. And, of course, we will proceed with the DKIM setup asap.

Userlevel 1

DKIM was in place already. I believe we are in a good shape on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That’s great news, @brunopetropouleas & @Adriano.

There was an issue with outgoing email settings for your account which was fixed at our end. In case of any further help, feel free to drop a note here and we would be happy to assist! 

Cheers,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @hemanth.ramya,

We are having the same issue again.

Could you help us, please?

I have tested by creating a new e-mail inside Fresh and sent it to my personal inbox and it wasn’t delivered.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That’s quite unfortunate, @brunopetropouleas. :(

We have fixed this issue with outgoing emails for your account. Can you please check and let me know the same?

Thank you,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It worked @hemanth.ramya!

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Brilliant @brunopetropouleas. :)

Forany further help, feel free to drop a note here!

Cheers,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey @hemanth.ramya,

Same issue again.

Freshdesk stopped to send e-mails since last monday..

Is there anything we can do for this issue to stop?

I am stuggling to test Freshdesk and manage to acquire the tool for my company because every week this happens..

Best regards,

Bruno.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I understand your predicament, Bruno.

The issue with outgoing emails is likely to occur when there is spam activity/content in your emails. As per the behavior, Freshdesk will monitor the email service via certain rules and algorithms to maintain the sender reputation of the accounts. Hence, kindly validate your outgoing emails to avoid such discrepancies.

Also, you should be able to send out emails from your helpdesk now. In case of any further help, feel free to drop a note here or write to support@freshdesk.com and we would be readily available to assist.

Thank you,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hemanth.ramya!

Thank you for your explanation! Our company is a digital bank especialized in condominiuns and we send every week, lots of payments notes.

But we do have a system to do that, and we don’t do it through Freshdesk.

In any case, I will contact our CIO to address this issue.

And could you please help me again?

It seems that every weekend our Freshdesk stops due to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your insights, @brunopetro.

Definitely, feel free to let us know in case you have any questions. And you should be able to send out emails from your helpdesk now. Can you have a check and let us know on the same? 

Thank you,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hemanth.ramya!

It’s working now. Thank you very much!

Is there any chance for you to help us by appointing what can we do to prevent this issue?

Or if we can have a way to monitor when our delivery stops.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

That’s great, @brunopetro. :)

Apart from testing the outgoing emails behavior, there isn’t a specific way to monitor this issue, unfortunately. However, you can always reach out to us in case you suspect some trouble in your helpdesk and we can have this checked for you immediately. Also, like mentioned earlier, kindly validate your outgoing emails from spam activity/content to avoid such discrepancies.

Cheers, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hemanth.ramya!!

Thanks! I’ve already escalated our CIO in that matter.

For now, could you please check again? I have been running daily delivery tests and today the morning test failed.

Thnak you in advance!

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Sure, thanks for the information, @brunopetro.

You should be able to send out emails from your helpdesk now, kindly check the same. Feel free to drop a note here for any further queries! 

Thank you,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hemanth.ramya!!

Could you please check again?

Today-s test failed again.

Thnak you in advance!

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello Bruno!

We have fixed this and you should now be able to send out emails from your helpdesk. Since we do not want you to face this recurring issue, kindly check this further with your CIO and let us know how you would like to proceed further to assist you accordingly.

Thank you,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hemanth.ramya!

Sure, I’ll ask @Adriano to let you know here.

In the mean time, could you please check again?

Best regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Sure, @brunopetro. That would be great! :)

You should be able to send emails from your helpdesk, now. 

Cheers,

Userlevel 1

Hi guys! I was “walking through” this thread and I understand that “the issue with outgoing emails is likely to occur when there is spam activity/content in your emails” and I got the point were someone said that “(..) Freshdesk will monitor the email service via certain rules and algorithms to maintain the sender reputation of the accounts”. Got it. But I really would like how to address this. I mean, knowing exactly what rules and what algorithms would be a good start point due the fact that we are a bit “blind” about what could be causing our activity/content to be classified as spam. Not sure about what we need to fix to avoid this kind of issue from now...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @hemanth.ramya,

Can you please check again?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards