Question

Freshdesk: When will we have a time format setting?

• 9 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Happy anniversary!

It is now 10 years since it has been reported that time format has no setting, and times are still displayed as AM/PM in Freshdesk.

Only the date format can be changed.

Localization has always been weak and it has not improved since I am a customer.

Looking for another solution for my call/support center.

https://support.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/746/page/2?url_locale=

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @nmollet, our apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. We do understand how helpful it would be if we could add the 24 hour time format and it’s a valid ask. We’ve already taken this up as a feature request. We reckon it’s a long pending ask and we are working on bringing this up. 

We have the same problem and it is actually very urgent. In Germany, the terms AM and PM are not used and nobody understands these terms.

Hi @nmollet, our apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. We do understand how helpful it would be if we could add the 24 hour time format and it’s a valid ask. We’ve already taken this up as a feature request. We reckon it’s a long pending ask and we are working on bringing this up. 

Is the 24 hour format setting still not here? I’m very suprised if it isn’t, and disappointed. I just created a test account at Freshdesk 1-2 weeks ago, but the lack of the 24 hour format clock might be a reason that I will choose another ticketing service than Freshdesk.

Badge +2

It has been 10 years ago. Why is it so difficult to add different popular date and time formats

Badge

We also do not understand why Freshdesk apparently does not manage to offer the 24h format for years. It would certainly not be a problem from a development point of view, as the actual data still keeps the 12h format. It's purely a formatting issue on the front end. Anyway, the competition at Zendesk offers a 12h or 24h hour format - self configurable. If Freshdesk really wants to be an alternative to that, then that needs to be integrated. Likewise, the bumbling German translation in the ticket lists (wrong syntax) as well as missing translation in other places should be gotten under control. I would be happy for Freshdesk to provide a list here - if I knew that it would really be implemented (in a timely manner). The answers from support have been disappointing so far.

This is possible in FreshService … so basicaly you just have to copy the code from FreshService to FreshDesk.

Don’t get why such a basic feature takes you 12+ years to implement.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

We also do not understand why Freshdesk apparently does not manage to offer the 24h format for years. It would certainly not be a problem from a development point of view, as the actual data still keeps the 12h format. It's purely a formatting issue on the front end. Anyway, the competition at Zendesk offers a 12h or 24h hour format - self configurable. If Freshdesk really wants to be an alternative to that, then that needs to be integrated. Likewise, the bumbling German translation in the ticket lists (wrong syntax) as well as missing translation in other places should be gotten under control. I would be happy for Freshdesk to provide a list here - if I knew that it would really be implemented (in a timely manner). The answers from support have been disappointing so far.

@cruisevision Feel free to add your list of wrong German translations here: