Question

Freskdesk Customer Account Request

• 6 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

When a new user navigates to our portal, we would like for them to be able to request an account that would then generate a ticket for us to review and accept.

Currently there are only two settings (I think).  One is very strict and only allows an existing user to login.  There is nothing for new users.  The other is very liberal where it allows anyone to sign up for an account,.

We want something in the middle.  Where another user at a customer can request an account and we approve it. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @AFerlin 

Greetings from Freshworks Community! 

Regarding your use case, I am afraid that Freshdesk does not have any option of reviewing a contact before sending the activation email for now. However we will have our product team notified on this who can review the feasibility of the feature and release them in the future road map. 

Since we do not have a direct option for your requirement, the only work around we would be suggesting is to Toggle off the “User activation email” under Admin → Email notification → Requestor notifications and Manually send the Activation emails for reviewed contacts by clicking on “Edit contact” → Send Activation email. 

I hope this helps.