Good workflow for inserting images into solutions

• 15 December 2014
  • 6 replies

Anyone can recommend me a good way to insert multiple images into solutions? I'm making something like a tutorial-database and I need to insert many images into each solution. So far here are my problems:

-no image resize option in wysiwyg editor

-no "center" option for image position in wysiwyg

-no simple way to resize the image and link original size to it through wysiwyg

-the html editor does not save my changes at all (!?) neither by switching back to wysiwyg editor nor by clicking the "save" button

I'll be glad if you can provide any hints...

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Also, when I click on images to resize them, their proportions (aspect ratio) changes to some crazy value and they get distorted.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

First,my sincere apologies for missing out on the chance to help you with this . Our activity in the forums have been pretty lacklustre but we're hoping to turn it around in the coming months. 

We have the new powerful,reliable kbase editor in the helpdesk now - New editor and we're planning to improvise the current editor that's available on the tickets . Some exciting announcement coming your way soon !

Cheers!

Have the same problem using Mint. Any news about that?

Don't blindly do what someone else does without asking the important question, “Why do you do it that way?” and understanding how it works. Just because it works for them does not mean it will work for you – and that applies to everything I'm going to say in this article. Take my advice with a grain of salt. Apply it to your own situation and experience and make your own decisions – but do it wisely and in an informed manner.

If you accidentally replace an existing graphic with an image you’re placing, press Ctrl+Z (Windows) or Command+Z (Mac OS) to return the original image to the frame and display the loaded graphics icon.

Badge +1

I have found that the best way to do solutions with images is to use the email publication. Do your document (with all the images) in Word or Open office or ...

Open an email (make sure that HTML is enabled), select all and copy document, then past to email.

Send to KBASE@<your url.com> and it will appear in drafts with all of your images embedded.