Question

Hide field Function does not works when creating child ticket

• 11 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have a issue with Hide Field that might need some enhancement completed on this app. 

I notice that Hide Field function does not works when user are creating child ticket who need to create child ticket first then go back to the child ticket detail page to see which field they need to fill out. this will make agent confusion when they are creating ticket. 

Could we expect any enhancement work done on this to make Hide Field function works when people raise child ticket.

Thanks 

Regards

Dale

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have this issue too and emailed Freshdesk support. Dale, did you ever hear back on this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Dale, I’ve just discovered that the admin/ticket_fields page supports conditional segments that also work in the child ticket creation screen:

This is a basic workaround that may/may not be appropriate for your needs.

How to use

When you hover over a field, look for a little (+) on the right hand side of the row. This will then let you configure which fields should be shown / hidden based on the value of another field.

Edits made here carry over into the parent-child ticket creation screen.

The options aren’t as sophisticated as the plugin, for one, this menu will only let you show/hide fields based on the value of one field (so no combos) and two, you would need to clone your conditional field multiple times if you’d want it to show up in some places but not others. 

Limitations

Let’s say you had a field that needed to show up when either:

1. Type = X
  2. Source = B

In this case this workaround would force you to create that field twice and duplicate your data.

IMHO the plugin is superior.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’ve now heard back from support:

Hi,

We understand that the Hide fields application works on the +New ticket page but it is not working on the parent-child ticketing and unfortunately, that is the default application behavior. The Hide fields application works on the +New ticket page and ticket details page but not on the Parent-child ticketing and for Linked tickets.

Please let us know if you have any other queries! 

🙄 am I alone in thinking that this is a half-baked implementation? Happy to create a feature request on the ideas board if others feel strongly about it.

Sometime this issues occurs but mostly it works  perfectly. Remove browsing cache then try it, I do so and it works good for me.