Solved

How API key in Freshdesk domain name work?

Badge

I have an domain eg: example.freshdesk.com, we have 10 agents now, each agents have different API key, can we just pick one of the agent API key for doing integration in our backend like calling create ticket API, does this work for just pick one of the agent API key for the entire domain in Freshdesk, instead of we need to capture all the agent API key one by one for this entire domain.

icon

Best answer by zachary.king 9 June 2022, 16:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Oscar Hue you will want to use the API key of an administrator to make sure that you don’t run into issues with permissions related to what functionality you are trying to accomplish (ex. Ability to create tickets). Secondly, unfortunately there is no way to just setup an agent for the api key without purchasing an agent license. Lastly, when you perform actions through automations or integrations, the agent whose api key you are using will be the agent associated with the action. For example if you create a ticket and use John Smith’s api key in the integration. It will show John Smith created the ticket. If you use that agent’s api key again to add a note to the ticket. It will show John Smith’s name as the agent adding the ticket.

In our system we bite the bullet and bought another agent license solely allocated for whenever we need a service desk api key and labeled it helpdesk.

Hope this helps! Take care!

Badge

Hi Zach, thanks for your replied, now at least I understand the process, meaning that I should use the administrator API key for the integration instead use the specific agent API key now.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi Zach, thanks for your replied, now at least I understand the process, meaning that I should use the administrator API key for the integration instead use the specific agent API key now.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it

No problem, let us know if you have any further questions. Take care :)