Question

How can agents response to new tickets with email?

• 20 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I want my agents to primarily interact with customers over email, but have issues when an agent responds to email notifications from FreshDesk.

In my setup I have agents in a group, all new tickets get assigned to that group resulting in a “Ticket Assigned to Group” notification.

When an agent responds to that notification, it appears a new ticket is created, rather than a response going to the requestor.

Is an email driven workflow from the agent side possible? If so, are there any recommendations to achieve this?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @jasonish,

Greetings from Freshworks Community. 

I understand that replying to the “Tickets assigned to group” notification results in creating a new ticket in your Freshdesk account. The notification from Freshdesk would be sent from your support email address to the agents in this context. Here the From address would be your support address and the To address would be the agent’s address. Now if you reply to this particular email from Freshdesk, the reply would reach your support address as that’s where the email came from and thus creating a new ticket in Freshdesk. And that’s also why the response wouldn’t reach the recipient because the recipient’s email address is no way included here anywhere.

The best practice would be to disregard all such notifications emails from your Freshdesk account as that could cause confusion. You can setup an automation in such a way that if it detects “Assigned to Group” keyword, it automatically spams/deletes the ticket. Kindly navigate to Admin > Automation > ticket creation automation to setup that.

About your email driven workflow, could you let us know your use case in detail so that we could help accordingly?

Feel free to drop a note here incase of further assistance :)

Cheers,

Sudharshan TR.

Badge +2

Agents can respond to new tickets with email by following these steps:

1. Set up email integration: Ensure that your ticketing system is set up to receive and send emails. This usually involves setting up email forwarding or connecting your email account to the ticketing system.

2. Receive notification: Once a new ticket is created, agents should receive an email notification containing the details of the ticket. This email will include the ticket number, subject, and description.

3. Read the ticket: Agents should read the ticket carefully to understand the customer's issue or question.

4. Craft a response: Agents should craft a clear and concise response that addresses the customer's issue or question. This response should be professional and friendly in tone.

5. Include relevant information: Agents should include relevant information such as order numbers, account information, or troubleshooting steps in their response.

6. Send the response: Agents should send the response directly from the ticketing system. This ensures that the response is tracked and recorded in the ticket history.

7. Set appropriate ticket status: After responding to the ticket, agents should set the ticket status to reflect the current state of the ticket (e.g., resolved, pending, etc.).

8. Follow up if needed: If the customer responds with further questions or issues, agents should follow up promptly to provide additional assistance.

By following these steps, agents can respond to new tickets with email in a timely and professional manner, providing excellent customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction.